355 Carbon interior | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Carbon interior

Discussion in '348/355' started by 288gto-evoluzione, Apr 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AVMotorsport

AVMotorsport Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V
    I'm looking at the original invoice and that is what is says. It was a $6000 option from Ferrari at the time.

2. Extreme

Extreme F1 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Full Name:
    Erick
    Wow! I like your interior it seems like a good combination of materials and colors.
    Looks like you have taken good care of her as well. :)

3. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Best $6000 option yet. I bet that would be pennies on the dollar for what it would cost to get the parts from Ferrari now, if even possible. Some of the things are orderable, check with Daniel at Ricambi.

And that is hands down the best 355 interior I have ever seen. Absolutely fantastic. What color is the exterior?

ShineKen likes this.
  4. 601

601 Karting

Dec 19, 2010
    California
    How much were the CF seats, or are they part of the $6000 option?

5. AVMotorsport

Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V
    Thanks!

6. AVMotorsport

Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V
    #31 AVMotorsport, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank you very much! Argento Nurburgring (aka silver)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. AVMotorsport

Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V
    Seats were $3653 extra.

8. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

+1!!!!

9. The Outcast

The Outcast Formula 3

Apr 19, 2011
    Royal Oak Michigan
    That car is just plain TITS!!! Thanks for sharing!

10. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    I finally got most of my carbon fiber interior installed. Just waiting for the parking brake housing. This was done by exoticcargear.com

They skinned it in 1x1 carbon fiber similar to the factory finish for a like factory look. Image Unavailable, Please Login

jeffdavison likes this.
  11. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Which console are you using? Looks great.

12. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    It is the factory one. I sent it into exotic car gear and they skinned it with real carbon fiber. I paid around 580 for it if not mistaken. Look for Dave if you are interested.

13. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Thanks, I'll ring them up on Monday.

14. Sami

Sami Karting

Jan 28, 2012
    tres55, Qavion, Yassa and 4 others like this.
  15. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Waiting on the console from Dave, should be here in about a week and a half more. I have some other bits to send him, but I wanted to touch and feel the quality of their work before I committed to more pieces. Have a hand brake console and the dash pod ready to go. Found some inexpensive used ones on eBay to use as cores. They needed a bit of repair, easily done with some JB Weld, as they came from wrecked cars..
    Jeff

16. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    Yes the process took awhile for me because of the backlog and time it really takes to skin parts with carbon fiber epoxy it then clear and refinish.

I was happy with the work he did on mine it came out as good as a factory part. I was surprised they can make it that clean. I also did one first before i started sending more parts to him.

17. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Just got the console back. A bit of a disappointment considering the time and cost involved. I've sent a note to Dave to see how they want to resolve the issues. Until they do satisfactorily, I won't be sending the other two pieces I have in the wings. The issues were that they didn't skin the center trey floor and the end piece that I sent with the console to be finished as one solid part, they are going to finish them separately as a fix, but I won't see them for another two months because of "scheduling". The problems with the part I received were unfinished insides of the tray area and a very noticeable chip / nick that can not be really masked (nor should it have to be). Let's see how they resolve the problems and Ill report either way.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    Wow that looks terrible, I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go good for you. I will not however, that I had removed the center tray portion and opted to keep that leather since it will get all scratched up over time. Do you know whether the factory one is all carbon inside? Did you ask him to carbon the center portion? There is a gap on the leather tray and where the center console in carbon fiber meet, but I simply filled it in with leather filler and you can no longer see the transition. My experience with David was he was really looking to satisfy the results. The only thing I can assume is he got even more work and rushed the jobs after sema brought in more business. I had some other pieces I was planning to send this year but maybe I will hold off until I hear how he resolves your issues with this round of work.

19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    OEM CF console is carbon all the way through.

20. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    To each their own of course, and I like CF accents for sure, but you can over due CF I suppose. One trick is picking the right weave if your going to do it, it is very easy to wind up with a stick on checker auto parts look if not careful. Folks should enjoy their cars and make them their own so keep is coming. Jeffrey I like that weave I hope it works out.

21. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    The company doing my console is keen on matching the twill to OEM Ferrari. They have asked me to send the console back to them to rectify /rework the part. So far working with them has been good, but all the time back and forth shipping and waiting in Que is adding up. Hopefully the end product will be worth the wait.

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The correct Ferrari carbon weave is 3K Plain Weave. Make sure they do not use “twill” weave.