Non period rebodies.... | FerrariChat

Non period rebodies....

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by tongascrew, Apr 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    In the definition "modern rebodies or modifications...." I am unclear what is meant by "modern" A Drogo bodied 250 GTO?? An early 250 GTO later rebodied as a late model 250 GTO??.A 250 SWB with non original copy of the original body?? A drum brake 250 LWB converted to disk brakes?? This category needs considerable clarification and some examples of cars that fit the category. tongascrew

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I would call modern on all the vintage cars 1980 and newer. I think Drogo would be period and also Toly's 250 SWB 1971 Zagato conversion.

a 250 GTO changing later to late model 250 GTO? this should stay in vintage too as still within the GTO model and modifications are minor.

does Classique and Ferrari Historics accept a copy of the original body, I know a bunch of non-original bodies on vintage Ferraris accepted because the original bodies were lost in races or fires.

are you just trying to be difficult? ;)

3. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Classique does; one of the first vintage competition cars they gave a certificate to, 0502M, has a new body - the original body is sitting in Japan. . . .

4. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I think you are confusing the issue. The definition of "Non-Period Rebodies" as "modern rebodies or modifications to original chassis.Where do cars newer than 1980 fit into the vintage category? Any 250 GTO,250 SWB etc. that is FCA/Classiche accepted as original, rebody or not, need not be considered in any replica/reproduction category.The rules for what is judged as "original" make no reference to a date when a restoration of what ever kind is done. You will notice that in my two categories no date appears.What is considered is how the vehicle is NOT original to the original model specs. This is just my opinion which I am not trying to impose. I only wish to avoid future dificulties and look forward to all suggestions. tongascrew

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    FCA/Classiche accepted as original is what we will first accept in Vintage. a restoration of a body is also different than a rebody to something it wasn't in modern times, that would be a recreation.

There are so many variances I think you should wait for the rare times the question does come up and then we can analyze the specific case. If you have any specific examples now for clarification, then offer them up.

6. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    As you wish. tongascrew

7. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    There are many to chose from How about right here #3725.Now if there was a sub forum or thread devoted to the 250SWB Berlinetta replicas/reproductions this and others could be listed by chassis # with a discussion of the car. tongascrew

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    why are you asking about this one, nothing grey about it and has already been placed in Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies.

9. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    That's good. Suppose five years from now someone wants this info. If it were kept in a 250 SWB thread it would be easier to find. Also if this thread was updated to have the cars in numerical order {Barchetta style} then you would have a real research format. It might be easier to just have a seperate "index sub format" listing each s/n and the date of the most current posting which could then be easily accessed. tongascrew

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    what?

11. EnzoNZ

EnzoNZ F1 Rookie

Nov 9, 2001
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Andrew Wass
    And what is wrong with the Advanced Search facility on the Forum?

12. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    what's the point of this thread exactly?

13. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ditto

14. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I am not familiar with the advance search feature. Kindly fill me in and I won't bother anyone again on the subject. Thanks tongascrew

15. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    Click on the down arrow next to the word search in the bar near the top of page.
    See the words advanced search click on that link.
    Enter search parameters to your hearts content.

16. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Thanks for your help. I appreciate your constructive help here rather the snide comments of others. tongascrew

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    what?

18. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury