Last movie you saw | Page 108 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    I liked this movie too. I have always liked Frank Abagnale's story, and followed it with much interest when it was reported in the news. A few years ago, I went to an event where he was the guest speaker. It was the best speech I have ever heard, interesting and hilarious and touching. It made such an impression on me that I looked for a recording of it and actually found it for sale a couple of years later. I still have the CD...the guy was simply electrifying. I don't know if he is on the lecture circuit, but if you can ever attend a talk by him, he's the man.

Think I will watch this movie again tomorrow.

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    That must have been very cool Zack did you get to meet him?

3. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    I wanted to, and I stuck around after the talk, but it was a huge auditorium. By the time I fought my way to the front, he had been hustled away by his minders. He is kind of an important figure, as he does a lot of consulting to credit card companies and the Secret Service for counterfeiting methods and detection systems, so he had a security detail.

His talk went from talking about his exploits (some were far more outlandish than the movie showed, some were exaggerated or misrepresented in the movie a little), to the kind of work he does now, which enables him to earn far more legitimately than he ever did with his scams. Then he talked about how grateful he is to this country for giving him a second chance, and he ended with what lessons he had learned, namely, that the most important things in life are love, freedom, charity, and opportunity.

It was an absolutely riveting talk, and there were waves and waves of thunderous applause at the end.

He was the keynote speaker for a builder's convention at Moscone Center in San Francisco.

4. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have Hellboy II for tonight, Trollhunter sounds worth a look.

5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Haywire. Meh. Soderbergh wtf? Can't believe same dude directed Traffic.

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Going to see Five Year Engagement today...unless anyone here tells me it's really crap.

7. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #2682 texasmr2, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    I would go see it for yourself and not rely on other 'critics' opinions as we all know one person will like a movie and the next person may not. I like Jason Segel he is a good actor and funny as hell and Emily Blunt is HOT imho.

8. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hellboy 2 was pretty decent. No longer a fresh concept and a little special-effects heavy, but still retained much of the overall good humor of #1.

9. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Two Bits
    An obscure little piece w/ Al Pacino

10. jmela

jmela Rookie

Nov 17, 2004
  11. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Saw the Avengers, will see it again later on, and the next day, and continue the trend for awhile......its that good!

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Just got back from The Avengers. I liked it a lot.

13. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    The Three Stooges, would have been perfect if it was 40 minutes or less.

14. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    The Five Year Engagement was HYSTERICAL! Too funny! I really enjoyed it.

Emily Blunt looks very plain to me--she does absolutely nothing for me, but in the later part of the movie with the different haircut, she did look better. Decent actress, though.

Not an overly huge fan of Josh Siegel, but he does have his moments. Decent actor.

15. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Saw Avengers yesterday as well.

Fun action flick! Hulk's character is funny as hell, and the evil god did a superb acting job.

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1.

Not a big fan of superhero movies, but this film I really liked. Plently of humour as well.

17. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy:
    Made absolutely no sense to me, but I watched in on a flight so I really couldn't concentrate well. I will have to watch this one again at home in private.

Jack and Jill:
    Good for a laugh. Glad to see Adam is getting back on track after some bombs of late.

50/50:
    Should have been called "Seth Rogan part 5". Every Seth Rogan movie features himself, weed, and himself. I was expecting something revolutionary this time (considering the premise), but Seth never disappoints to deliver... himself. And weed.

Machine Gun Preacher:
    Awesome name, good intentions, but too little time sent on character development. It felt forced. They almost had a good one here.

Like Crazy:
    An accurate portrayal of youthful infatuation mistaken for love. Nothing ground breaking here, but nice to see small budget stuff go bigtime.

Amazing how many movies one can consume during a Trans-Atlantic flight!

18. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Saw The Avengers last night, went in around 8:30 and the 9:20 show sold out, as well as the 10:10 and the 10:40, so we bought the 10:50 in 3D, though when we got inside to get a refund for student ID costs, they said 10:40 still had seats left, so we got that instead and had to wait a long, long time in line. They had two theaters for it.

Anyways, it was a great movie, lots of funny scenes and constant action. If you liked any of the Marvel movies (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc.) watch it!

19. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Living In The Material World The George Harrison docu-bio by Martin Scorsese

I never knew that George was so incredibly funny.

20. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Oh man I just found out about that doc less than 2 weeks ago and yesterday saw my first advert for it. It is a must have for me as George is one of my all time favorite musicians and people.

I am going to call BestBuy this morning and see if they have it, thanks for the reminder.

21. INTRUBL

INTRUBL Karting

Mar 6, 2006
    Mahopac N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Bob Anderson
    Best Buy has the blu ray for $16.99.

22. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I was amazed at the advertised price. I do not have blu ray so the basic will be fine with me.

23. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    War Horse: Nice, somewhat surreal feel-good Spielberg movie, an easy and enjoyable watch. Mrs. thought she wouldn't like it, ended up adding it to her top 10 list.

A Dangerous Method: Well-done drama about relationship between Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung in early days of psychoanaylsis. Jung's patient-mistress who needs spankings adds a kinky touch.

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    5 years engagement : Funny but a little too long.

25. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I will be watching Legion at 3pm today.