Anyone Know this Yellow 2003 360 F1? | FerrariChat

Anyone Know this Yellow 2003 360 F1?

Discussion in '360/430' started by G. Pepper, May 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    This seems like a nice car: 16K miles, Shields, Modular Wheels, Daytona Seats. A bit higher than I'd like to pay at $92.9K, but it's the first one that has rung a bell with me. Minuses: Not gated, but the late F1 would be nice, no sunroof, but those are rare as hen's teeth anyway. Bet I could trade that Challenge grill for a yellow panel (Not sure why people like the Challenge grills so much).

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=78217&endYear=2013&modelCode1=360&sortBy=mileageASC&startYear=1981&makeCode1=FER&firstRecord=101&searchRadius=0&listingId=293212047&Log=0

What does the 360 brain trust think?

Cheers,

George

2. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Some service records would be nice.

The challenge grill will grow on you.

That much yellow might be a bit too much.

Pardon my inability to find any photographs...If there are any please let me know.

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Nice looking car. I would get the calipers painted red. I am thinking around $85k-87K, he is asking spider money. If you get the car and want a painted rear grill, I have one you can buy.

4. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My 456M is red with red calipers, so I like the yellow/yellow. I wouldn't have given the car too much of a look at that price, except it says the timing belt service was just done.

Nice to know you have a yellow rear panel. I'm definitely looking for only a yellow 360, and most of them have the black grill. I had a yellow X1/9 in high school and a poster of a yellow Dino 246, so I like yellow mid-engine cars. In fact, one of the things I love about the 360 is that it looks like a modernized 246 to me, especially in yellow.

Well, this is the first one that has made it onto my watch list, so we'll see how things go.

Cheers,

George

5. arock

arock Rookie

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Avi
    Im going up to Marhall Goldman this afternoon to pick something up...I can look at it for you if you want. I just bought the silver 04 modena 2 weeks ago from him and its definetely a solid car...im enjoying it so far quite a bit!

6. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Car looks very good. The grill option is very subjective. Most prefer the challenge one.

MG usually is on the high side price wise, but the quality of the cars is reflected in it. It seems as if every car they take in is a 9-10 out of 10.

I think ~85 would be a good deal. But if its calling your name, buy it.

7. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    You own the car I'm looking for: Yellow, Shields, Modulars, Sunroof, Tan, and Gated. ;^)

One of the things I like about MG is the high quality of their inventory. They seem to be picky about what cars they'll take and list. I bought sort of a project last time, so I'm looking for more of a turnkey experience this time. Paying a bit of a premium for that wouldn't be a bad deal, IMHO.

There is another similar car listed for less money, but it has those racing seats, which I don't want at all.

Cheers,

George