2012 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 14 | FerrariChat

2012 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Dec 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DjMike

DjMike Rookie

Apr 8, 2006
    Middletown, CT
    Full Name:
    Michael Simonetta
    Looks GREAT Jay!!

2. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Looks so good you almost don't notice that the wall switch isn't covered...... Need to get our resident electrician to help you out.
    Now get the F-car back on the road to G'Bury....you've missed too many gatherings.

But seriously.. it looks great. Nice work.

3. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    nice catch Phil! Now it's covered with a Lightning McQueen coverplate :D I'm 99% sure the 355 will be there Sunday morn soaking up the sun...

4. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    You're going to have to find some place else to park that yellow car. It's blocking the view of the floor.

5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    And it looks like Jay won't be doing any engine outs in his garage, unless, of course, he gets a garage floor cover. :0

When you coming over to do mine? Had new concrete poured last summer.

6. Challengehauler

Challengehauler Formula 3

Jul 28, 2008
    NE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    DB
    #331 Challengehauler, May 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Had the flag out the past week. Lots of people stopped by and asked "what's up with the horse?"

I will try to make it by one of the gatherings soon. Gearing up for the Canadian Grand Prix and Limerock with Challenge.

Here's a snap.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    LOL...Petting zoo coming in next week?

8. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #333 Joe_CT, May 12, 2012
    The garage is coming along. The new lights are in, the walls are no longer pink, the TV is hung, the speakers are in the wall, and the Ferrari flags are on the walls.

Next up is the floor… still contemplating what to do… really like Jay’s floor but not sure how they will hold up long term to hot tires of the daily drivers. I think I am leaning towards having them stained.

Once the floors are done, need to find another F-Car to fill the empty void under the Vette.

9. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Looks great, Joe! Better than pink.

10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Looks good Joe. Can I ask who set up your lift or did you do it youself?

11. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    TEC Equipment out of Mass did it for me. They charged me $500 back in 2006.

12. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Wow looking great Joe! Next I need to think about storage, etc..

Who's in for tomorrow? Maybe an early escape and home for mother's day after? I'm free for the day :D

13. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    #338 mulo rampante, May 13, 2012
    Nice seeing everyone today. We discussed doing a shoreline drive possibly originating or ending at The Spot in Groton depending on parking, etc. I'll gather info and start coordinating this via another thread in a few days.

This week's featured car: the 348 Serie Speciale.

14. Borca

Borca Rookie

Jan 7, 2012
    CT
    Full Name:
    PLM
    I went up to Kringle Candle 'cars and coffee' to see what was up this morning! Fine mix of cars, mostly American muscle - gorgeous cars. An original #53 Herbie VW was right next to me! As it was Mother's Day, I bailed early, at about 9:45, but a bunch of Bentley's and Rolls Royce's were arriving. Great place, and wonderful people. They could use some F cars! Second Sunday of each month, well organized. Have a great week!

15. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Great looking garages guys. Nice use of the side mount jack lift door opener. I took it another step further and had the door open to the ceiling. Gave me more room to have a car up on the lift and the garage open. Here is a link to my garage project a few years back.
    http://motweb.com/garage/garage.htm

16. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I went last month and agree it is a great show. My Mondial wasn't ready last month so I took my S2000 and now that I have the Mondial I'm hoping to bring it to the next show, I was unable to attend this months show due to it being on Mothers Day.

17. Borca

Borca Rookie

Jan 7, 2012
    CT
    Full Name:
    PLM
    I'll be there, and will look for you. Another friend of the Glastonbury group may go up as well.

Borca

18. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Here's a good video from the Mother's Day cars and coffee up at Kringle: http://youtu.be/-xkVd81eSgA

And another from a previous gathering: http://youtu.be/_i9n-q7axkM

I know it would interfere with the gathering in Gbury (has to be one or the other), but we should consider going up to Kringle as a group once. Seems they have an interesting mix of cars... which may benefit from having our interesting mix of cars attend.

Here's a blurb on the event from the Kringle Cars and Coffee Facebook page:

OUR 2012 SCHEDULE IS OUT!
    This entertaining monthly event is returning to Kringle Candle once again for 2012 on the second Sunday of each month, rain or shine. Hours are 8am to 11am. Coffee and catering will be provided onsite by The Farm Table, Kringle's incredible new restaurant. The slate kicks off Sunday, April 15 (actually the third Sunday in April but we don't want to conflict with Easter) and the balance of the
    schedule will follow the second-Sunday guideline. Join us, whether you have a car to display, or you just enjoy checking out a wide variety of exciting show-quality vehicles!

APRIL 15
    MAY 13
    JUNE 10
    JULY 8
    AUGUST 12
    SEPTEMBER 9
    OCTOBER 14
    NOVEMBER 11

19. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    It's about 100 miles each way for me, but that's no problem, just have to allow some time. Might be more of an issue for others. The schedule looks like it will give me time to get two new front tires on it and replace a bad bushing prior to the trip. Plus Rob and I can discuss Mondials...

20. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Kringle is nearly a 2 hour quest for me. Probably not going to happen.

As for this weekend...Family obligations. Son is graduating HS. Looks like a near perfect day. Sorry I'm going to miss it.

21. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That would be great to meet up with another Mondial owner I'm pretty isolated out here in the forest! It is about an 80 mile ride for me, will be a good run for my Mondial.

22. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Next Saturday the 26th I'll be headed to Limerock for the Season opener. Its a Trans Am event but we'll also see F1600 and F2000 open wheel racing. My brother and nephew will be joining me. Who's in for a stomp through Litchfield county? (Weather permitting for the F Car).

I also need a ride for chairs/canopy/etc...

23. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
  24. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    last night for Pre-purchase discount for Limerock Trans Am. Do it by Midnight.

www.limerock.com

25. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    I just "ordered" mine.....seems they don't allow you to print them from home anymore.

FYI.....final price for Saturday's ticket was $19.50.