Cars & Coffee Des Moines | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee Des Moines

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by PassTheSpanner, Aug 12, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PassTheSpanner

PassTheSpanner Karting

Nov 2, 2010
    Central Iowa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #1 PassTheSpanner, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    Well we are finally making a second go at this with some new leaders. The first Des Moines Cars and Coffee event will be this weekend. Here is the information:

2nd Saturday Car Chats

Talk car stuff over coffee, tea or ? All nifty and cool cars invited!

WHEN: 2nd Saturdays of August, September and October, 2011 – get it in your calendar now!

WHERE: Near Starbucks at Merle Hay Mall, Merle Hay Road & Douglas Ave. in NW Des Moines

August 13 2011, 8 AM to 10 AM
    September 10 2011, 8 AM to 10 AM
    October 8, 2011, 8 AM to 10 AM

Suggest park south of Starbucks along Merle Hay Rd and save some space for come-and-go customers (Merle Hay did not return calls so no official permission obtained – instead, you are a Starbucks customer)

Note: If you didn’t get this message directly from Bill Dikis, send your e-mail address to [email protected] to receive reminders and updates with the words “2nd Saturday” in the subject line.

2. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    Hey Steve, how did the first C&C go? I wasn't able to make that one but I should be able to make it to the next two. I have a E92 BMW M3 though. Is that ok to bring?

3. PassTheSpanner

PassTheSpanner Karting

Nov 2, 2010
    Central Iowa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #3 PassTheSpanner, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    Yes pretty good turn out considering the straw pole and state fair were also going on.

I was given the keys to a BMW Isetta 300 and a new Jaguar XK to take a for a spin.

All cars are welcome, there was everything from Imports, to british roadsters; packards, to a 1920 Locomobile; microcars to Mercedes.

4. needspeed

needspeed Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Middle of nowhere IA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Will the 4th Annual Salisbury Heartlands Driving Tour get in the way of next weeks C&C? Thanks.......Steve

5. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    Just throwing this out there for next year. I think it would be awesome to have a c@c labor day weekend or maybe a drive this weekend. It is great weather to go for a drive.

6. torino06

torino06 Rookie

Apr 16, 2011
    today was perfect!!!!!!!!!!

7. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    It sure was!! I think i'm gonna take the M3 out for a spin tonight

8. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    Final scheduled C&C this weekend! I'll be there

9. Akram

Akram Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2009
    Clive, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Ray Salloum
    Is this Saturday the next Cars and Coffee at Starbucks Merle Hay???

10. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    Yes sir. This Saturday from 8-10.

11. Akram

Akram Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2009
    Clive, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Ray Salloum
  12. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Very cool to see a 250 (looks to possibly be a GTE / Boano conversion ?) model, of any type, anywhere.....let alone in Iowa :)