F355 A/C stopped working. | FerrariChat

F355 A/C stopped working.

Discussion in '348/355' started by F355Bob, May 15, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Driving the F355 today and A/C stopped working--no cold air. It was working, blowing cold air and was recharged a few weeks ago and dye showed no leaks. Ran the motor to 6000rpm and A/C stopped blowing cold air. Checked the fuse in the passenger foot panel and it was ok. I know there is a hidden fuse in the 348, is there another fuse for the A/C in the F355? Seem to fix one problem, another pops up! Frustrating!

2. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Forgot to ask, will there be a cel or code if the compresser fails?

3. MManzonelli

MManzonelli Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Columbia, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Manzonelli
    Have you checked your pressures?
    Do you know if the compressor is turning? Can you here it click on and off?
    As far as I know, I do not believe you will get a code for a faulty A/C system...Maybe the controller?

4. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    I did not get any codes in my 348 when the compressor seal went out and lost pressure. Not sure about the 355. I would think not.

5. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Possibly the over pressure switch on the receiver dryer.

6. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

How do you reset the A/C? Turn the key on and then press the stop botton to turn on the A/C?

7. tamf328

tamf328 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Also if the pressure is too low it will disable the compressor clutch.
    the compressor won't run.

8. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Check the fuses in the luggage compartment , passenger side, upper towards windshield.

9. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I can hear compresser click on and off. Is there some heater valve that fails and mixes hot air with the cool air to make the A/C air luke warm?

10. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    There is a heater valve on the L/H side of the air box under the carpet in the luggage area.

As I understand it, that valve is operated to stay closed when the A/C is on and the temp switch moved all the way to the left to the blue dot. It is told to stay open and shut down the A/C when the temp switch is moved to the far right on the red dot.

The system modulates both systems when a temp is selected.

I am traveling and away from my car & manuals and can not remember if that switch is energized to stop flow or allow flow. It is in the manuals however....