live internet link for Monaco race? | FerrariChat

live internet link for Monaco race?

Discussion in 'F1' started by rob lay, May 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Have family that will be out of town without cable, wants to watch F1 race live on internet. Thanks.

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Hey Rob,

I believe all sessions stream live on the Speed site - At least FP1 & 3 as they're not on the TV and are without commentary, which is kinda nice on occasion..... ;)

For the stuff that is on TV you may need a Speed subscription to see 'em, but I'm not sure (?)

HTH, cheers,
    Ian

3. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  5. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    truly free, but on race days it can become very crowded thus causing intermittent freezes in the feed. It's Tifosi12s fault somehow I'm sure of it.

6. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I'll usually use it to watch baseball when I'm away from home, pretty reliable for those. I haven't tried it yet for the F1 feed, but I know they do stream it. It help to use chrome and adblock plus to block the associated ads on that site!

7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It's better than nothing.

8. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    vipbox is free, but it broadcasts only live feeds, so you have to watch at actual race time

i used to watch on justintv, as they would re-broadcast quali + races several times, but this season all F1 links are conspicuously absent

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    thanks everyone, I've passed the info on.

10. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    LOL even Rob doesn't search! :eek:

Those sites like vipbox are great as Korr mentions "better than nothing" I use them sometimes too but the feeds go down all the time and the watermarks on feeds they have technically stolen are annoying!!

The BBC are showing the race live this weekend (only 10 races this year) so if you have a UK VPN you can stream it from their site, ad free, popup free, annoying banner free.

If this family member has windows they can install http://www.expatshield.com/ and watch it from the BBC site :)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    there are dozens of links that come up for "live f1 streaming". I came to FerrariChat for a "quality" answer (free, no lag, quality). ;)

12. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    and like always mine is the best quality answer ;)

13. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    i've seen that program, it switches your ISP ...do you guys know if that would screw up a wireless connection?

14. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Last part - Definitely not - It's nothing to do with your internal network.

It doesn't actually change your ISP either - You'll still use Comcast or Cox or whoever, but it "hides" your local IP address and makes it appear to the world that you're in the UK by giving "you" (actually, one of their servers truly in the UK) a UK address. Then builds a virtual tunnel between you and the UK server where you now pop out of the cloud.

Slight simplifications made above. Much more helpful & in depth information available at www.strongvpn.com if you're interested. No affiliation, just a very happy user - For me, their $55 / year option is working great - 100% reliable and 24x7 support if needed - I used their online chat a couple of times - Once before buying and once during setup - Highly recommended. And no ads! I don't know about expatshield, but there are numerous "free" options - I tried a few and they either come and go and/or drive you nuts with ads all the time.

Cheers,
    Ian