STL Spotter's Thread 2012 | FerrariChat

STL Spotter's Thread 2012

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Randy, Jan 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I can't believe no one has spotted something good enough to post in 2012. Yesterday I finally saw something worthy of a post, a black Rolls Royce Ghost in a parking lot in Brentwood. There was a shopping cart resting against it. Let's hope for some better weather so we can see some good cars out there

2. kbritton88

kbritton88 Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Kevin Britton
  3. a7xbass941

a7xbass941 Karting

Jun 15, 2011
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    That is awesome..and incredibly awesome that he did donuts for you. Very nice pictures.

I don't post here often anymore because so few STL members remain on here. Most all of the members moved to Ferrari Life and that is where I post all of my current spots because people actually see it

4. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    were still waiting for Randy to make an appearance over there,or else i'm going to start posting pictures of his cars and tellin everyone there mine!!!

5. kbritton88

kbritton88 Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Kevin Britton
    Aside from the Mosler, last time I was down I saw a Blue Aston V8 Vantage, Silver Bentley Supersports, Renntech 997 Porsche, and more AMG Mercedes' than I can count.

6. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Im still lurking around when i can

Dave

7. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My buddy just bought an black AMG SL65. He will be running around town soon. I hope he lets me drive it since i talked him into it. I tried to talk him into a fcar but he's a Mercedes guy.

8. Chio

Chio Karting

Nov 1, 2005
    STL
    did he get the one from bill dean?

9. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Scuderia Santo Luigi Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Nice. Looks like Dean Team now has an '11 SL63 AMG on their lot. I saw a CL AMG with Dean Team dealer tags when I dined at Fleming's last weekend; they really get a wide array of nice cars in their pre-owned inventory there.

And while I was out Friday night on a run from the city to Frontenac and back through Clayton and the Galleria area, I saw no less than four Bentley Continental GTs. They have become too common to be mentioned as spots on other regional forums, so I guess St. Louis has finally reached a similar saturation point as far as Conti GTs are concerned. They may be increasingly common, but I still enjoy seeing them, and it's still a great design.

I had to say something- this spotter's thread is dead. I guess everyone here settled into life at the other forum and didn't look back!

10. Chio

Chio Karting

Nov 1, 2005
    STL
    The SL and the CL were owned by same owner who also has a 458 and a white R8 GT. he is a friend of bill D..

11. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I was in Edwardsville for the SIUE game vs. NIU Saturday. Despite SIUE's record, it was a great game as the Cougars came from 11 points down and won by 2 points at the buzzer!

Anyway, when I was looking for a place to park for a post-game meal downtown, as I circled around, I noticed someone's beautiful black 458 Italia parked behind their office, and I pulled into the lot long enough to give my son a chance to get a closer look. My son likes all kinds of cars, but I think he has great taste, because he agrees with me that the 458 is one of the most beautiful cars available for sale now. Enjoy that great car, Randy!

This wasn't technically a spot, but later in the evening when I was in Kirkwood, I saw my first 991 in person on the Parktown lot, a black Carrera S. I didn't want to like it as much as the 997 because I think the 997 is such a balanced design and a nice modern interpretation of the classic 911 shape. But I warmed up to the 991 immediately- it looked very nice in my opinion. The early verdicts I've seen have all been very positive; it will be interesting to see what Porsche owners think once they start driving these cars off the lot. If the Carrera S is this good, the inevitable Turbo and GT/RS versions are going to be quite interesting!

12. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    [I had to say something- this spotter's thread is dead. I guess everyone here settled into life at the other forum and didn't look back![/QUOTE]

you know your more than welcome to join us..

13. Chio

Chio Karting

Nov 1, 2005
    STL
    what forum??

14. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #14 Scuderia Santo Luigi, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    Hey Tim! I'll check in when I get the time to re-introduce myself. :)

Chio, check your PMs.

15. Schiff/84/bbi

Schiff/84/bbi Rookie

May 5, 2011
    Millstadt Il
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I just came across this thread last night and am now truly excited for many reasons..1 now i have a idea of who is out and about in the ferrari world in the saint louis and surrounding areas, and 2 hope to meet up with some other owners in the area! I spotted what looked to be a 82', or 83' 308 this morning right outside of Millstadt,IL i decided to take the lotus out for a spin and low'n and behold a 308 passed me going southbound. It will be just a few more days till i get the 512 boxer out but if anyone in the saint louis area would like to meet sometime let me know!
    Thanks Schiff

16. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You missed the good ole days here, this thread used to be jumping, with a donkey to boot, :D

Hey Randy, any new news on STLM's suit against FNA?

17. etceterini.com

etceterini.com Karting

May 26, 2008
    St. Louis MO
    Full Name:
    Cliff Reuter
    I saw what looked to be a 1959 Ferrari 250 TR driving at Whitmore Country Club today,
    no sh..! Does anyone know of a replica in the St. Louis area?

18. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Cliff,

No knowledge of a real one or a replica in the area. Maybe it will show up next week at Frontenac.

Jeff

19. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Just moved here from DFW and I'm quite impressed with number of exotics I've seen so far in the Creve Coeur area. Just in one week I've spotted a 246 Dino, 599 GTB, and Gallardo all on Olive Blvd.

I second the point about Conti GT's, see them everywhere.

20. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Welcome to town! Whereabouts in Creve Coeur are you? We're you at the car show today at Plaza Fromtenac?

21. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Thanks! We're near Olive & Craig. I did not make it to the car show, too busy. Are there any more coming up?

22. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Cool, I'm in the Olive and Lindbergh area. There is a dinner coming up in a few weeks that Jeff is organizing, on the other side of the river, at Erato. Come out and meet some of the guys.

23. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    It is not a dinner - an afternoon gathering. Certain that Randy won't mind having people decide to stay longer and purchase dinner though.

Jeff

24. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    We have great food :)

25. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007