Lawyer Needed, Expert in Speed Law, Recommendations? | FerrariChat

Lawyer Needed, Expert in Speed Law, Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sparetireless, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Does anyone have a recommendation of a liscensed name and phone number for a good lawyer for when the car has been impounded and a 3 figure speeding ticket issued? Ideally someone liscensed for California. (It's for a friend.)

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The LA Times advertises "Top Gun" attorneys in one of their sections. I'm not sure how good they are. Have your friend use his last dime and call one of 'em.

3. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I just went through this for a friend in CA. He is a professional formula race car driver. He was doing 102mph in a rent car.

Bottom line, we had 2 law firms, 4 lawyers and the recomemdation of a Associate Circut Judge acting on this case. California has zero tolerance for this. He ended up with a $1,000 fine and a 60 day suspeneded license.

You do not want to know how much the legal bill was....

Good luck.

4. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    That is garden variety criminal law stuff. Find an 'av' or 'bv' ('av' usu just means bigger firm) rated criminal lawyer in your area...on www.lawyers.com. It is a site related to Martindale-Hubbell legal directory, the standard reference for the legal profession.

5. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I got a 104 on PCH and got a $300 fine and no license suspension. No lawyer needed -- just showed up in court myself and talked to the judge.

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I cant understand why anyone would live in CA with those crazy taxes, fruits & nuts, & assorted wierdos.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Right, because South Beach is so normal. :)

8. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    William H., I must laugh, as the weirdos, overly zealous cops, crazy taxes, etc. are not confined to California... they seem to be everywhere these days !! Go check out http://www.americanautobahn.com

Forza Ferrari