Interesting What You Can Do With a 308 | FerrariChat

Interesting What You Can Do With a 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by spgribben007, Jun 15, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    P4 body with a 308 carb engine. Nice!

2. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I would buy that car if it had A/C!

3. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You woulda thought that they would've used a Euro dry sump engine, but this is still cool!

4. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    So now you got a car worth $24,000 ?

5. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Meh. Just another "look at me" thing to do. A GT4 is a real car. This 'conversion' is a FAKE.

Just because it's based on a "real Ferrari" doesn't make it "real" in its final form.
    To me this is no different than a Fiero F40 conversion - just a way to draw attention
    for an object that is grossly misrepresented for what it really is.

Fauxrarri - no more, no less. Flame suit on.

Jedi

6. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    I have very different reactions to replica cars depending upon how rare the imitated car is. If its a 427 cobra or something like this -- something exceptionally rare that no ordinary person could reach to own -- then the replicas don't bother me. I frankly just assume they are replicas unless I am told otherwise, so I don't feel like its a misrepresentation.

If its a replica of a 308 based on a fiero or mr2, then I think most people assume they are real, thus the lie. And I wonder why not just hold out and save for the real thing.

And in that vein, I'd rather have a replica 427 cobra with ford running gear than Chevy. It just seems more right. Likewise, if I were going to get a replica of an ultra rare Ferrari like this, I'd rather it have Ferrari running gear underneath.

To each his own, and I would not buy the advertised car, but I think it's kinda cool.