Nice video about my 308 GTB from Israel | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Nice video about my 308 GTB from Israel

Discussion in '308/328' started by reuven, Jun 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Cool vid. Nice shots, commentary, not too long. Well done.

2. HagayFarran

HagayFarran Rookie

Jun 18, 2012
    Hello guys,
    My name is Hagay Farran, and I'm apart of a small party who made this film,
    It was done by:
    Nir Maman - Camera
    Ben Farran - Directing and Editing (Also my younger brother)
    Hagay Farran - From fiction to life and all the rest.

This movie was shot using Canon 5d Mark III and a few GoPro2,
    It was shot on almost no budget, with very little time with the car.

It makes us so happy to hear your comments as Ferrari owners, thank you for that,
    We are also open to suggestion on how to improve.

Please feel free to share :)

You may find me also on facebook if you want:
    https://www.facebook.com/fhagay

Thank you again,
    Hagay Farran

3. reuven

reuven Karting

Apr 22, 2007
    Israel
    Frank,
    Let me know when you come to Israel, we can meet in Tel Aviv area, we have a weekly meeting for classic cars, I'll take you there :).

Reuven

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    That was seriously one of the best ferrari films i have ever had the pleasure of watching. Bravo!!! I'm smiling from ear to ear. :)

5. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    איזה יופי

6. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    The only critical thing I have to say, and I wouldn't have said anything had you not asked for feedback, was that I thought some of the shots where the cameras focus shifted from near to far (or the opposite) happened too often or too fast. I found it to be sightly distracting.

Aside from that, I really thought it was fantastic. You guys really captured what owning and driving these cars is all about in a way that many of us could not express as elegantly or precisely as you have.

So, with there be any cars featured from the Alfa Romeo collection mentioned at the end of the clip? I would love to see more of your work.

7. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Reuven,

I definetly will and thanks for that!!

8. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    #33 climb, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    Nice work overall. Congrats.

A FEW pieces of constructive criticism:

The music seemed too dramatic, apocalyptic even. The excessive volume made it seem even more so.

Also the mic should have been near the exhaust and it should have been loud, louder than the music that was too loud IMO. To hear the driver talk about the excitement of driving the car hardcore after warming it up while talking over the sound of the exhaust instead of the music would have really added to the sense of excitement. The sound should have been based on the sound of the exhaust and the music and narrative only there as background like you almost didn't know it was there.

Nice camera work and again great job overall and thanks for sharing.

9. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    That's one of the best Ferrari video's I've seen. If you guys are amateurs, it's easily the best home made car related video I've ever seen. Worthy of any car related TV show anywhere. I don't know if you scripted the words, but they perfectly describe the entire Ferrari experience the first time. Extremely well done. Congratulations.

Alberto

10. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Wow1 That was great. Magnificent car. Really did that rolling sculpture justice.

Got a cigarette. :)

11. 4zaJim

4zaJim Formula Junior

May 15, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim
    just watched again . . . can't get enough of it

I want one of my car but in my case that might require professional talent LOL

12. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    You did a wonderful job of making the 308 look like the most beautiful car on the road.

13. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    Very Nice! Excellent camera work!

14. HagayFarran

HagayFarran Rookie

Jun 18, 2012
    I think you are spot on, I had the same feeling as you, when shooting for the first time, with little time to shoot we didn't have much time to review the data before going into editing, the second most importent note we wrote down was regarding the movement of the camera, it should be longer, smoother and not so often - that is also a lesson for our next editing.
    Thank you for taking the time to comment.
    Hagay

15. HagayFarran

HagayFarran Rookie

Jun 18, 2012
    If there was 1 thing I could change right now is sound - my mic and the car mic where 2 different ones, the car mic fail :(
    We only found out entering editing, believe me it killed us to find out to late.
    I had a clear vision how the sound of the car should be heard loud and clear, as a result of that mic fail we had to use more background music, regarding the nature of the music we will try in the future to tune it more to the nature of the film.
    Thanks for your comment.
    Hagay

16. HagayFarran

HagayFarran Rookie

Jun 18, 2012
    We are only a short (not) flight away.

I just got back from LA 3 days ago and am still jet legging :)

17. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Let me say you've done the whole 3x8 series proud with this video. The car is stellar, and the camera work, editing, and music compliment it very well. Ok, you had a little glitch with the mic - you handled it very professionally without distracting from the overall message of the video.

Great work! Bravo!

18. HagayFarran

HagayFarran Rookie

Jun 18, 2012
    Guys,
    If any of you have connection to Ferrari, I hav send them the video through Facebook, but got no response (they get thousands of PM everyday).

So if you know someone in Ferrari and can send him a link for the movie we would be grateful.

Thanks
    Hagay

19. hockeyfour

hockeyfour Rookie

May 9, 2012
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Still loved it man!

Next time you'll have 2 mics focused on the exhaust note! haha!!

A great success!

Are there plans for more auto based films from your group?

I thought it clever and well done.

Whats next?

As obviously I don't know anything about you-

I am just throwing this out there-

You've seen the movie "C'etait Un Rendezvous" right? I'm assuming you have. Just checking. This is also a sensational piece of small auto theme independent films. Claude Lelouch was way ahead of his time with the brilliant use of the often neglected onboard camera.

Speaking of which- the onboard stuff from the movie 'Senna' was also spectacular. And the "Lap of the Gods" series was obviously absolutely iconic.

If you've not had a chance to see this stuff I certainly hope you are able to. If you have seen them then you understand why I say these things. haha. Because I think you will enjoy and appreciate them very much!!!!

Cheers.

J.

20. reuven

reuven Karting

Apr 22, 2007
    Israel
    If Hagay and his team will make in Israel a movie style "C'etait Un Rendezvous" , they will be in jail for a long time :) , Israeli Police is bad, really bad...

21. reuven

reuven Karting

Apr 22, 2007
    Israel
    If you like Alfa Romeo an you are a Facebook user, please enter our page "Alfa Romeo Classic Israel", I am sure you will enjoy.

Reuven

22. hockeyfour

hockeyfour Rookie

May 9, 2012
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm not saying do it= "C'etait Un Rendezvous"

I'm just trying to provide some encouragement and ask if they've seen where others have been and what others have done to perhaps improve their understanding, perspective of what is possible and skill sets and help them accelerate to where ever they are going.

Intelligently on-wards my friends!

J.

23. Sean308

Sean308 Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2011
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Love the film, very well done. Makes me want to get my 308 out from the garage and take it for a spin.
    Not sure if I noticed your centre dash vents correctly, but it looks like the vents are pointing towards you, I found a thread several months ago that suggested that they are designed to work best when aimed towards the front window for best effect, and that the arrow on the vent should be turned so it faces a small blue dot that is on the vent, this then has the horsies standing the right way up when you are looking at them, this might help you more on some of the hot days. Try a search.
    Best film I have seen so far.
    Cheers

24. Dave MacLeod

Dave MacLeod Karting

Mar 22, 2008
    Sydney, Australia.
    Loved the film, the editing was beautiful.

Makes me what that 308 even more...

-Dave

25. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    There are a couple of typos in the subtitles, and some of the translation is literal, which takes away from the meaning a little bit. Perhaps get someone who is very fluent in both languages to help you the next time, and stick to the core essence of what you are translating, rather than word for word. The same thing is said in different ways in different languages, as you well know.

I agree about the music being overly dramatic and intrusively loud at points, as well as some of the focus shifts.

Still, I loved the video. Really fantastic!