Miura, the original supercar | Page 414 | FerrariChat

Miura, the original supercar

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Dec 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    No idea what Paul owns now, but none of the Beatles or Stones had a Miura, I don't think..

2. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #10327 joe sackey, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    George had a love of cars and Paul had a few Lamborghinis, one of which, the 400GT, may be in Italy now. I posted a video with Ferruccio's son and the car was seen there. I think this is another car that was for sale at Pullicino Classics when I was there. Not heard of Mick having any interesting cars. I've only read that Keith had a Dino 246.

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #10329 joe sackey, Jun 19, 2012
    Are you kidding? He is a car nut!!

One of his prized possession's is his 288 GTO 58149 which he personally collected at Maranello on EE.190.AK touring plates in 1985, see pic. He still owns it, we are told..

I'm sure you'll agree that's an interesting car :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #10330 joe sackey, Jun 19, 2012
  6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #10331 joe sackey, Jun 19, 2012
  7. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Yes, that's an interesting car I'd say. I seem to remember him now ordering a Jaguar XJ220 that he didn't take delivery or cancelled the order of?

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I recall there were quite a few cancelled orders but I don't remember why..

9. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I think it may have been the market crash for supercars. A lot of speculators ordered them and a £50,000 deposit was required which they would lose if they cancelled so they used the fact that the car did not have a V12 engine as Jaguar said it would as grounds to get a refund. I don't know if they were successful.

10. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #10335 merstheman, Jun 19, 2012
    Miles had a few Ferrari's. There's a funny (but also sad) story about how when he bought his Testarossa in the 80's, he felt the need to have someone call all the police stations around where he lived to let them know he bought the car, because apparently he kept being stopped by cops who thought it was stolen, as they couldn't believe a black man would drive around in one of those. He was a complex man...

What about this picture of him with McQueen

"Hey Steve, what can you tell me about them Ferrari's?"

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Napolis was there when he crashed the Miura:

"There was a bit more to it than that. He didn't fall asleep at the wheel. He tried to make a right angle turn at 60 mph from the left lane of the West side Highway to the 125 ST exit across three lanes of traffic. He didn't make it. He hit the WPA Stone exit ramp and the Lime Green Miura came apart like Brazilian plywood in the rain. I pulled over and ran back to his car. He was wearing leather pants and the bones of both of his legs were sticking through the pants. He was bleeding badly.

He looked at me and said: " Is my car ****ed up?" I told him the car was gone. He said: " I got to take a look." I told him both legs were broken and he wasn't going anywhere. I ripped up a shirt I found on the floor and told him to hold the cloth over the bleeding with pressure as it was getting bad but not arterial. There were two large plastic bags filled with white powder on the floor and one had broken open. The interior was dusted. I grabbed the bags and ran to the sewer and chucked them. He screamed: "What the **** you doing????" I used rain water to wipe down the car as best as I could.

The cops arrived. One of them asked me who I was. I told them just one of the guys he cut off. He looked at Miles and at me and told me to split.

Years later I was directing "Shakedown" with Peter Weller. Weller liked Miles's music and I told him that story. One night he went to hear Miles. He went back stage where Miles recognized him. "Hey Robo" Peter told him the story and asked if it was true. Miles got real quiet and said: " I always wondered who that White Mother ****er was. You thank him for me and tell him to come by anytime."

Miles was in the hospital for a long time and didn't play for almost a year. He did make hours of basement tapes which he gave to Sal. One day maybe we'll release them but they're pretty raw..."

12. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #10337 miurasv, Jun 20, 2012
  13. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
  14. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    "Guitar Aficionado" magazine Vol 4 No. 1 a few months back had a fairly comprehensive article on "The Cars of the Beatles" that details all the Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, etc of the Beatles. Lots of pics too..

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  16. bb4635

bb4635 Formula Junior

May 18, 2006
    France
    #10342 bb4635, Jun 23, 2012
  17. spadge1976

spadge1976 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    Looks like a UK number plate on the second pic and Joe's book indicates the concessionary as Lamborghini GB.
    If that is Miles' car, that would mean 4828 has tremendous provenance - is there any evidence?

18. SAB

SAB Formula Junior

May 12, 2010
    South Wales, UK
    They are all UK plates and certainly looks like the same car in all three photos.

19. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #10345 miurasv, Jun 23, 2012
    "Not sure which Miura this RHD car is, and as in an earlier post I mentioned that the chassis numbers of the Miles Davis cars are not known (yet, at least)." (Response by Joe Sackey.)

There's no doubt as to what car the black car is which is c/n 4828, originally a UK car that once belonged to Barry Martina and Peter Ray which featured in one of Clarkson's early Miura reports (see youtube vid from about 0.50), though thanks for the replies. Actually, does anyone know where c/n 4828 is now? I've not read about it anywhere for quite some tome. It's this pale coloured rhd car in the b&w pic below with the plate 913 LN that I'd like to know the c/n number or any info of? It's not possible to tell from the pic what colour it is. It could be white, yellow, blue, green, orange or red?

http://www.themiuraregister.com/miura/register.php?id=736

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb5fNnRDczs[/ame]

20. espada1952

espada1952 Karting

May 4, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    stephen keen

21. spadge1976

spadge1976 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    I like the brightwork around the front and rear grill on this black car - I haven't seem it before on a Miura and it adds some extra definition to the detail that can get lost on black cars. Is this aftermarket or done at the factory?

22. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson

23. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    5110, the Innocenti car that now belongs to Simon Kidston, has the chromework. In the link below it says that it was done before delivery. I think the chromework on 4828 may have been done later?

5110 - http://www.themiuraregister.com/miura/register.php?id=761

4828 - http://www.themiuraregister.com/miura/register.php?id=736

24. spadge1976

spadge1976 Karting

Nov 1, 2010