Information about THIS car (308 GTB) | FerrariChat

Information about THIS car (308 GTB)

Discussion in '308/328' started by cray54, Jul 9, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cray54

cray54 Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Ashfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Christopher Gray
    #1 cray54, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the car pictured. I'd like to find out what wheels are on it and get some more pictures of it if possible.

Thanks!
    Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I think those are BBS wheels, but someone with more knowledge than I should chime in on that.

What else did you really want to know?

PDG

3. cray54

cray54 Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Ashfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Christopher Gray
    In addition to the wheel brand / type, I really want to know what size the wheels are and what size the tires are.

The additional pictures are just because I like this example of a 308.

4. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    They are probably a 16" rim and looks to be a different offset in the rear. Probably a 225/55 with the looks of the sidewall, and the car is probably lowered slightly.

Jim

5. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    right. BBS. they are a bit lighter than even the stock magnesium QV 16 wheels.

6. ProvaMo

ProvaMo Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Mid West
    Full Name:
    Paul John
    #6 ProvaMo, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    If memory serves me correctly, these could be Enkei Wheels (vs. BBS). The set I had a long time ago were 16x7 and 16x8.

7. tommott77

tommott77 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2009
    NC
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I would agree as most mesh BBS wheels were three pieces and those don't appear to be. I think what is really drawing the original poster to look of this car is the fact that it is lowered a good bit.

8. cray54

cray54 Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Ashfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Christopher Gray
    I do like a slightly modified 308 GTB. The things I like about this car include the front spoiler, the ride height and level, the color combination and the wheels. I think they were aesthetically appropriate and would like to think the modification decisions had functional implications as well. Yes, most 308s with these treatments look the same, but I was particularly interested in the wheels. I have a set of 16" BBS 3-piece magnesium wheels and want to figure out how they would look / fit on a GTB.

They are certainly 16" wheels in the picture. What I cannot tell from the photo is the wheel width and whether they are staggered, offset differently or both. They may or may not be 3 piece wheels but at this resolution I cannot tell as the rim bolts on the BBS magnesium centers are recessed. In this situation, tire size and wheel offset are both important bits of information.

I expect only someone familiar with this particular car could give me that information about this picture. I assume nobody thus far is familiar with this particular car. If that is the case, perhaps does anyone have pictures of a GTB with the BBS 3-piece mesh wheels and information about the tire and wheel dimensions to go with it?

Thanks,
    Chris

9. ProvaMo

ProvaMo Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Mid West
    Full Name:
    Paul John
  10. cray54

cray54 Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Ashfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Christopher Gray
    Paul,

Thank you so much for finding that! That thread is quite disappointing but has directed me to the right person. The picture I posted I downloaded from FerrariChat nearly 4 years ago and was unsure as to what I would find with this thread. I sent a PM to Dave and will post information here if he does not first for reference.

Thanks,
    Chris

11. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
  12. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Though these wheels might not be BBS, the wheels that I had on my car which were BBS look to be the same size and look to have the same offset in the back as this car, again it's hard to tell with the picture, but it gives an idea on the possible wheel size. Though the tires were the same size front and back 225 50 R 16, the back wheels were offset and required spacers in order to fit on the car.

Jim

13. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    The wheels in question are in fact 16" BBS 3-piece light weight racing wheels which were a dealer option in 77.