New 328 Owner | FerrariChat

New 328 Owner

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sierramadre, Jun 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sierramadre

Sierramadre Rookie

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan
    #1 Sierramadre, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've been a car nut all my life and have always worshipped Ferrari from afar. Finally decided to take the plunge and came very close to purchasing a 360 Modena. After several sleepless nights, I decided to pass and puruse a 328 which has always been one of my favorites. Loved the body style, classic gated shifter, and felt much more comfortable with the price and depreciation curve as compared to the 360. After a two month search, I landed on a 1986 328 GTS-64263. It lived its whole life in California and has had 4 previous owners. Just turned 30,000 miles and had a belt service, new tires, and refinished wheels earlier this year. Lots of serivce history with a major service performed at 21,000 miles. I've had it for a couple weeks and driven it about 300 miles and am enjoying every minute of it. No issues with 2nd gear and everything in the car works (knock on wood). Have slightly squeaky brakes so I took it into the shop to have the pads/rotors looked at but other than that, so far, so good. I struggle a little getting my size 12 shoes into the tiny and offest footwell but I guess that's part of the Italian sports car experience. Took her to a car show last Sunday-400 cars on display and only one Ferrari. To say she was the belle of the ball is an understatment. Lots of interest and smiles from fellow gear-heads.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RED TESTAROSSA

RED TESTAROSSA Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2009
    So. Calif.
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Congratulations. That's a great looking car!

3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congrats and Welcome, I think you made the right decision choosing the 328 over the 360. You mentioned it spent all her life in CA, where is the car now? Just curious.

4. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Congratulations!

Re brakes - note that more aggressive brake pads tend to squeal so it may simply be the POs choice of brake pads that is causing the squeal, not any sort of issue with the brakes.

5. Shane86

Shane86 Karting

Dec 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Shane
    Great car......I was the last owner! If you have any questions let me know......I hated to let her go.

Shane

6. Sierramadre

Sierramadre Rookie

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan
    The car's new home is in Michigan where Ferrari's are truly rare.

7. Sierramadre

Sierramadre Rookie

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan
    Wow, Shane thanks so much for the offer. I may take you up on that. You did a great job of keeping her in tip top shape. The guys at the local Ferrari dealership were seriously impressed. They had 3 other 328s in he shop that couldn't hold a candle to her.

8. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Prepare for all the admirer, thumbs-up, some questions at the gas station when you stop to fill up and don't be surprise if someone ask you if that's a Mustang, and people taking pictures of your car. These are just a few to watch out for. What can you do, you have a beautiful car. :)

9. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    So the Mustang thing is common? It felt completely out of left field when I got it on my road trip home! Then the guy pointed to the horse, and it felt at least a little bit logical.

Beautiful 328. Enjoy!

10. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Also my crongratulations and welcome to the club!

11. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Congrats and enjoy in good health. Though I wasn't seriously shopping for a 360 instead of a 328, my wife would have preferred to get a 360. Personally, I think you made a great choice as, at least to me, a 328 has more character than 360. ;) (Though in truth, if were to get a second Ferrari, it would probably be a 360 because they are pretty darn neat).

12. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    #12 doug328, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes,same here. Car looks great and enjoy the ride. After 7 years of ownership and 30,000 miles behind the steering wheel, the car still brings a smile to my face everytime I go for a ride. As you will certainly hear, the more you drive them, the better they run, is very true. So drive often and have fun

13. Shane86

Shane86 Karting

Dec 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Shane
    #13 Shane86, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    Sierra I am glad to see the car went to a good home. It was my first Ferrari and if I had room in my garage for two I would still own it.

I never had a minutes problem with the car and always got the same reaction when stopped.....smiles and thumbs up from everyone. The folks who knew what it was always commented on how clean it was....little did they know I had nearly every piece of paper for the car since birth and every accessory down to the plug in light. When it left me everything on the car worked.....every bulb every switch, amazing for a 1986. My business card was in the book with all the documents, you can write or call anytime. Welcome to the club.....and FerrariChat!

14. 4zaJim

4zaJim Formula Junior

May 15, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Mega congrats. Gorgeous

15. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    Beautiful car!

Looks like you did it right.

16. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Looks great.

Enjoy.

17. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    It's a beauty. Congratulations.

18. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    Congratulations and welcome. The 328 is also my first Ferrari and have had her for over a year now. Good choice, you will not be disappointed! Enjoy in good health.

19. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Congrats, what a pretty car. Well done!

20. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Congrats, the model with the concave wheels is my favorite too! Enjoy every bit of her en DRIVE her as much as you can!

For me it's only 4 years of ownership but the smile-thing is very recognizable. Every planned trip started with a kind of excitement that allready starts when opening the door of the car, putting the key in and starting her.
    Driving out of the basement still, and always bring a big smile on my face and during driving it stays there for the entire trip.

Driving my 328 is the best unwinding possible.

btw in the 4 years of ownership i did an approx 15K km without any trouble. 328s are beyond-expectations-reliable