Seeking advise 2008 Porsche GT2 | FerrariChat

Seeking advise 2008 Porsche GT2

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by F1 MONZA, Jun 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1 MONZA

F1 MONZA Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    I am seeing some advise and information about 2008 Porsche GT2.
    Any feedback or driving experience. I have always been a Ferrari fan. I want a car to drive and hold onto for a while. My last Porsche I had was BACK IN 1980 it was a simple 911.

I have located a low miles yellow 2008 gt2. Let me know what you think

thanks

2. Desperado

Desperado Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2007
    Pittsburgh/Djibouti
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I own a low mile '08 yellow GT2. It's a pretty special car and, in my opinion, a lot of bang for the buck in today's market. Completely different car than a 997TT or a 996GT2. The car is a monster really. Let me know if I can help.

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I have a similar plan although I'm keeping the 430.

I would like to hear some feedback as well. I plan on tracking it also but admit to being a rook.

4. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    John,
    If the car you found is in Texas it was for sale here at my Ferrari dealership, Steve Harris Imports. I was trying to trade my 599 for it and cash but could not come to a deal.
    Its very clean but I did not drive it. It sold for 130-132K tops. There is a nice guards red GT2 on flea-bay with low miles for a decent price too.
    Go to 6-speed online.com, great site to answer all your questions. Kevin

5. ok458

ok458 Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    I have owned mine since new black/black. The car is amazing! I love how raw it feels and the turbo boost is insane. The sound is awesome, brakes are sick, and it handles really well. It's prob one of the most fun cars around. It's a car that u are forced to drive and it rewards you along the way. Totally different from a turbo due to the tighter suspension set up and exhaust note. The transmission is so much fun too. U can't go wrong w a 08 gt2. Pm me if u want to talk.

6. tcnaples

tcnaples Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    The GT2 is as pure of a sports car you can get and still drive around town. I had a 2002 GT2 and sold it but then missed it. I then bought Jason Statham's white 2008 GT2 and it is fantastic. Even though most the GT2's are low mileage you do have to get a thorough PPI because these vehicles can be ran hard so you want to make sure the seller brings the vehicle up to where it needs to be.

7. F1 MONZA

F1 MONZA Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    What is a good price for a gt2. I am trying to work out numbers on a yellow gt2 yes its 2008. I am thinking $138,000 what do you think. is it a good price to offer. Since the new Porsche will be here soon.

Not sure what the value will be on these cars in four years..
    John

8. Desperado

Desperado Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2007
    Pittsburgh/Djibouti
    Full Name:
    Tom
    i think you are in the right range but there is a lot that it depends on like options, miles, CPO, dealer or PP ?

I'm not sure what you mean about the new Porsche coming. The 991 is here and the 997 GT2 has already been bettered by the 997 GT2RS. The GT2 is always stronger than the regular turbo. Take a look at the 996TT vs a good 996 GT2 prices.

9. vipersteve

vipersteve Rookie

Oct 2, 2005
    Seems like the 996 TT is a great bang for the buck car right now. At least the earlier TT's

10. Erik Johnson

Erik Johnson Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Erik Johnson
    Pricing on the earlier TT is better as they lack the VGT system that the 997 has. The GT2 is an animal, and completely insane when it comes to speed. It can be a bit of handful in the hands of a inexperienced driver, which makes some people tend to lean more toward the GT3 as being the purest of Porsche sports cars, but there is no arguing the GT2's worth and performance.

Good luck with you search. Get a PPI done on it for sure and make sure that they inspect the gearbox carefully. The Limited Slip Differentials are known to die quickly, which I can be of some help with if you go this direction, and there are occasional 2nd gear pop-out issues, as well, which I can also help with.

Erik

11. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    i just did a deal on a 997 GT2 myself, 5,000 miles, no track time. It's still inbound to the dealer I purchased it from, then subject to PPI. I haven't driven one, but they sure sound nice on paper! I plan to use it as my Daily Driver, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it. The last P-Car I had was a 930 25 yrs ago. Went limit up on points and lost my drivers license within a year! I'll try to be more careful this time.

12. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

ADVICE? (Advise is a verb.)

So my 911SC is 'simple'? :)