Count Volpi; Fangio drives Breadvan, '59 LWB Cal, Serenissima, '58 LWB Cal | FerrariChat

Count Volpi; Fangio drives Breadvan, '59 LWB Cal, Serenissima, '58 LWB Cal

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by CDM, Jun 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Count Volpi's email captions per photo, (my comments in parentheses):

1. Modena track: Fangio at the wheel. Bizzarrini crouching at door. Fangio took us both for a 3-lap ride each. Terrorized the first two corners, I could have slept through the rest such was the feeling of total safety. Believe me, he did his best and liked to.

2. Fixing plugs. On the left, Giorgio Scarlatti who owned Pescara when you were there. (for 1961 GP).

3. & 4. My bubbled '59 LWB California.

5. & 6. Willy Mairesse at Chamrousse and Lemans 1966. Different cars. (These are two of four Serenissima cars, and tons of parts and spare engines, I've seen photos of. I once asked his plans for these cars. Got a shoulder shrug and vague answer "...maybe a collector".)

7. & 8. 1958 when Farina made elegant cars. Pre California. Look at what else was on the road there.

2. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    I must be doing something wrong.
    I did downsize the files.
    Gary

3. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    I am a subscriber. Using a Mac. Have downsized photos. Loading photos from my desktop.
    Result is same for all photos: Invalid file.

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Gary Barnhill

Count Volpi; Fangio drives Breadvan, '59 LWB Cal, Serenissima, '58 LWB, first rear engine Birdcage

Count Volpi's email captions per photo, (my comments in parentheses):

1. Modena track: Fangio at the wheel. Bizzarrini crouching at door. Fangio took us both for a 3-lap ride each. Terrorized the first two corners, I could have slept through the rest such was the feeling of total safety. Believe me, he did his best and liked to.

2. Fixing plugs. On the left, Giorgio Scarlatti who won Pescara when you were there. (for 1961 GP).

3. & 4. My bubbled '59 LWB California.

5. & 6. Willy Mairesse at Chamrousse and Lemans 1966. Different cars. (These are two of four Serenissima cars, and tons of parts and spare engines, I've seen photos of. I once asked his plans for these cars. Got a shoulder shrug and vague answer "...maybe a collector".)

7. & 8. 1958 when Farina made elegant cars. Pre California. Look at what else was on the road there.

9. 10. & 11 It is the first rear engined birdcage. 1961 (?). Can't remember. Type 64 was in 1962. Bonnier tried to drive it in Pescara in '61, you were there (must have been a 4cly type '64). Undriveable. 1961 was a fast year. (then he sent this with a correction with the unpainted car) Same car raw, testing before painting 8 Jan 1961. The previous date was wrong. Modena track. Guarino Bertocchi (Maserati's chief mechanic) at the wheel.

4. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What kind of image file format is it? Forum only accepts these types of files:

asf avi doc gdb gif jpg m4a mov mp3 mp4 mpg pdf png ppt txt wav wmv xls zip

5. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    All of the photos are jpeg reduced to small size.

6. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    from your desktop, press the Apple key and N to open a new window.

Navigate to where the photos are stored.

Move your pointer to each photo file, hold down Apple key and click, this will highlight the file and allow you to change the name.

Change file extension from .jpeg to .jpg then press return.

Ferrari chat will now accept the photo.

7. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    great pics - thank you!
    what s/n is the California Spider and the PF Cabriolet?

8. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    Car n°212 is #1459GT.
    Photo n°8 is a rear-engined Maserati Birdcage. Guerrino Bertocchi during tests at the Modena aerautodromo, I think winter 1960/61.

9. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    Indeed Tipo 63 Chassis 002, the "muletto", as tested by Scarlatti and Bertocchi in December 1960.

10. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yep! But not Maserati`s best car!