thermostat on 365 gt 2+2 | FerrariChat

thermostat on 365 gt 2+2

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by hugo judice, Jun 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hugo judice

hugo judice Rookie

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    hugo judice
    I have a 365 gt and when i read the owner manual about the engine cooling, it's written that the use of the thermostat is only for the winter.

What do you think about that, do you use it only in winter or during all the year?

regards

Hugo

2. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
    year round

3. jcwconsult

jcwconsult Karting

Sep 20, 2004
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Full Name:
    Jim Walker
    Agreed year round. You do not want the engine to run too cold. Ideal temp is 190-200 F.

Regards,

Jim Walker
    365 GT 2+2 #12451

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I don't mess with mine.

5. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    In HOT Southern Californiastop and go Traffic You really need to watch the temp guage closely as it can easily overheat. I suggest that you set up a switch so that both fans can be manually turned on rather then relying on the thermostats turning them on when A/C is used. Many owners have upgraded to latest 308 fans or new Spal fans. Your car also has an overflow tank with recircling system under the radiator in the very front of the car mounted very low.
    Make sure your radiator core is good and blow out the areas surrounding the core for more airflow. I am now running water in the radiato rof 11835 at the suggestion of my mechanic Eric Sander of Auto Gallery Ferrari. I have previously run coolant with equal results re cooling in 11727.