Just saw an FF on the road... | FerrariChat

Just saw an FF on the road...

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by PaulK, Jun 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    ...for the first time. It was heading onto Telegraph from Long Lake. I have to say that car is WAY HOT! I have been a big fan of the car since its inception, but seeing it in the metal has brought it to a new level of respect.

I just had to share. I know all of you will understand...

2. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2010
    CA, NV, TX
    +1

I've never been a fan of the FF, until actually seeing it in person.

3. acarey617

acarey617 Karting

Jul 30, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Adam
    i agree sort of...

even the more "ugly/boring" ferraris look great on the road because

1. cars look better in person than photos

2. a ferrari will look a lot better than the cars around it

but compared to other ferraris, and other exotic cars....ehhhhh it's quite ugly IMO

but i have had the pleasure of being driven in one and it's spectacular. and looks are all subjective i suppose.

4. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
    Well, the FF is not really an exotic car. Its a 4 seats grand tourer. If you want to compare it, compare it the Panamera or something like that...

5. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    While I agree that the FF sure isn't the prettiest Ferrari ever (I strongly dislike the name aswell), it is no doubt leaps ahead of it's competition in every aspect. Cars like the bulbous Porsche Panamera and the frankly boring Bentley CGT.

6. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    To quote my son upon seeing an FF at the dealer last Saturday (while checking on my non-FF build)..."that looks like a GTI with a really big engine". I've had the pleasure of being in one on track...the interior is very nice and the capabilities impressive (though you do feel how high it is for a Ferrari), but IMO it's best viewed from the inside out.

7. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    #7 StoryBook, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    The all black somehow makes it look lower, sleeker and tougher...it's a nice combo.

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    agreed. It would be so easy for Ferrari to stick to the same formula for each car. I think the FF is a ballsy move. I like it.

10. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The FF IS a balsy move and that just makes me like it even more! The Porsche looks like it was designed by someone with erectile dysfunction. The Ferrari just looks strung out and ready to tear the pavement a new *******! And yet, it can be driven almost everywhere, while you bathe in fine leather. There is even enough room to be able to secure several assault rifles, and you may say that's completely irrelevant- and I'd normally agree with you, except that a 4WD Ferrari that contains a nuclear powered V-12 and multiple firearms is just badass no matter what planet you are from.

The FF is for the Ferrari connoisseur.

11. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I am not a big fan of the car, but I love the balls it took to make the car. One of Ferrari's best moves.

12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I like the car and agree on it being a brilliant move for Ferrari. I do wonder if we will see some interesting SP one-off projects on the car due to the amazing power/chassis/4wd and controversial styling...?

13. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Controversial looks aside....best part is the ability to use it moreso then any other Ferrari out there plus throw the kids or friends in the back and just "go". Mostly no one else on the road knows its a Ferrari. Which is just fine by me...as long as I know.

14. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You will when you drive it. Amazing car, spent 24 hours up in Lapland at the winter testing track with the FF and truly impressive.

15. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Absolutely agree. Its the Fcar keys I grab first without thinking. The others I have to think and contemplate about all the logistics involved. FF....just get in and go.

16. RACP

RACP Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2011
    Matosinhos-Portugal
    Full Name:
    André Rodrigues
    looks good in black!

17. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    that is just BRUTAL!

18. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    FF +100%!!

19. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and my eye has behald the FF but can't find the beauty ... AT ALL! Next to a 4 door Aston, for example, it looks like a tumor. Just my 2 cents worth.