Selling my 2000 360 Modena...price? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Selling my 2000 360 Modena...price?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Rod361, Jul 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rod361

Rod361 Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2011
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    G Rod
    Thanks for the info Glen.

2. Sandoval

Sandoval Karting

Jan 25, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My advice echoes others you need better photos. Then load them up on eBay and autotrader. Find someone on Craigslist that advertises as a photographer in the services section offer up $100 for a photo shoot tell them they can put their logo on the corner of the photos, spend half a day on the weekend and get yourself some high quality prof/semi professional pics. Sex sells lol!!! And if your not showing your girl off you're not going to get top dollar.

3. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    I almost contacted you, but the straight pipes wont work here in CA, and it's an F1.
    I am looking for a 3 pedal car. I agree with posting some higher resolution images as a few others stated. It will make a huge difference.

4. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    +1 Agreed. 3 pedal, stock exhaust.

to the OP, everyone is giving you great advice but i see no reason to go below 63K, as i see it. But putting it on Ebay is akin to putting it in a swap meet. I would showcase it a little better to get a higher price. its all in how you market it.

5. Rod361

Rod361 Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2011
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    G Rod
    I appreciate all the advice and will be making some changes in photos and price.

6. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    We all see a lot of F cars on eBay, but it's not so people can sell them as an auction item. I believe a lot of people use it to reach buyers, hopeful that they will make contact and sell outside of the auction. At least that has been my experience as a potential buyer. I won't buy from eBay, but most of the cars I'm watching are also advertised through non-auction channels like autotrader.

Seller shouldn't have to go much lower than 90% of his asking price in the case of our OP. at least that's my humble opinion.

7. Sandoval

Sandoval Karting

Jan 25, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #32 Sandoval, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Btw I have been in the market recently and purchased a Rosso F1 Modena. $65K is the price I would advertise it. It's a nice round number you go too much lower and I would think it's a dog that is priced really low for a reason. You have the right number of miles for the mid $60's recent service helps. I really think your car has not sold due to poor pictures. It will be amazing how much more activity you get when the car is shown it's best light. Nero was my next color choice behind Rosso.

Also if you can't find someone to take quality pictures for you...

Pick up a Olympus PEN E-PL1 it's a fraction of the cost of a SLR and takes idiot proof pictures. I own one and the pictures come out amazing.

8. Rod361

Rod361 Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2011
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    G Rod
    Yes I have a few photos taken with a profession camera, just need to put them up. I will take more close and inside shots and repost and let you guys know if I start getting hits on it.

9. Rod361

Rod361 Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2011
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    G Rod
    Yes I was only using Ebay to advertise I was not trying to auction off my car.

10. Sandoval

Sandoval Karting

Jan 25, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Eric
  11. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I've purchased my last 11 cars from ebay, all were steals, many were after the auction ended for even less than their listing prices. All of them great buys and i still have them.

However, I did not buy my Fcar off ebay because i wasn't looking for a steal or a car that someone wanted to unload. I wanted a car that the owner loved and found it hard to let go. i paid that price.

12. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Thanks for the tip, I've got 2 in my ebay watch list. Looks like they go for around 300.00. It will be good to have something besides my iPhone.

Carry on.

13. dancmos

dancmos Rookie

May 10, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dan M.
    I've been lurking at looking. I saw your car on eBay. I must admit the customization turned me off. It looks cool, but it made me wonder about reliability, etc... Do you have the original wheels for instance? Of course, perhaps it'll just narrow the potential buyer pool down, but there should be a buyer. I agree with your sentiment of keeping it vs giving it away though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Dan,

you can buy orginal 5-spokes for nothing if you want it all orginal. The exhuast upgrade is a very good one and far superior to stock. if you are really looking this would be a good one.

15. Rod361

Rod361 Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2011
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    G Rod
    Very true about the wheels I only did two changes and can be easily switched back to full stock. I have the original exhaust and would swap it out if a buyer preferred.

16. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    +1 about the wheels. Your car looks great but I think the wheels are a turn off for some buyers. I agree they are easy enough to change but Ferrari buyers are hypersensitive to any mods as it is. The black wheels with black paint give he impression the car has been fiddled with more than it has. I know it is not right but that was my impression when I first saw he pic...then it was that is a uper cool looking car.

17. Rod361

Rod361 Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2011
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    G Rod
    Well if dont sell in couple of months I'm going to buy a set of originals. Then put original exhaust back on and would be 100% stock. Then see how it goes from there. Just dont want to be going back and forth if it don't sell I want my test pipes back on! ;)

18. Rod361

Rod361 Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2011
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    G Rod
    FYI car just sold...It was key to have right buyer looking for the mods I had done, along with making some changes how I advertised it. Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and input.