water pump housing | FerrariChat

water pump housing

Discussion in '308/328' started by rockford, Jul 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockford

rockford Karting

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, tx
    Full Name:
    rockford woods
    Got around to disassembling the water pump and thermostat housing. The area around the three screws in the thermostat housing is corroded away. No longer usable. Car = 1985 QV. Am I safe in assuming that the part for the 328 is the same. And if so what is the correct part number? I am talking about the entire back end of the pump that bolts to the block. This sucks. Anyone have a good one they want to sell?

part numbers:

115471?
    115470?

2. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Rock, shoot one of the good breaker yards a call and see what they come up with. The place in Sacramento area often has odds and ends such as your mentioning. Specialized Italian recycling is the place. The part you require is a bit odd so you may want to check with Eurospares in the UK as well.

3. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    for what you'll pay for a rebuildable body you can buy a new pump from superformance. i've had mine on for almost a year now and all's well

4. rockford

rockford Karting

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, tx
    Full Name:
    rockford woods
    Tatcat what I am talking about is the back end with the thermostat pocket and the large outlet pipes to the radiator and head crossovers. I cant even figure out what the correct part number is. Apparently there were several different ones. Some are available priced from 300 to 1800. While Superformance shows one on their website they have none in stock and will not be getting any soon. After talking to them i do not know if it would be correct anyway.

John I will try the breakers tomorrow. I would try welding this one but it is truly crap. There are sand pockets all over. It has the Ferrari markings and I have reason to believe it is original but really poorly made.

Maybe time for an electric pump. And a decent alternator. Anyone done that yet?

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    My wp blew the day I brought it home. A most upsetting afternoon that I had been waiting for since I was 13 in 1981.

I put Rutlands "modified" pump on the next week. That was 15 years, 50,000+ miles and about 6 dozen track events or one form or another ago.

Not a bad pump.

6. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    I believe that the 115470 is for the back housing, the 115471 includes the T-stat housing and then 115472 includes the WP. in any case the numbers are not that relevant to recycle yards. the usual places, GT car parts, Ted Rutlands, Ferrparts and specialized can all figure out the part you need fairly easily.
    the casting quality is pretty bad across the yrs on that part, I've had one welded up, thankfully it wasn't in the valute area.

7. Gianluca

Gianluca Formula Junior

May 6, 2003
    Centreville, Virgini
    Full Name:
    Gianluca Chegai
    Hi,

I have what I believe you need.

I sent you a P.M.