355 flat battery | FerrariChat

355 flat battery

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by OrangePeel, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OrangePeel

OrangePeel Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    Herts/Essex border
    Full Name:
    Neil Pearson
    I feel a right berk for asking this, but you live and learn. If I had read the manual, I would have realised about the kill switch if the car is left for long periods, which I frequently do. However, the battery is dead as a dodo and I was wondering if anyone had any quick tips on charging it up without taking off the front right wheel. I have seen some terminals in the engine bay on the right under a black cover, but have no idea which is positive or negative. I have read some old threads about battery buddies. Are these any good and advisable?.

Thanks.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    My battery died on me after a jet wash at local car wash. I was able to jump the battery with a portable charger and it was fine after that.You have to leave the car running for 10 mins or so to let the ECU sort itself out as a jump will reset everything electrical.
    Connect + to positive pole under the cover and - to the side of engine bay , under protective sheet.You'll need a set of Allen keys to get battery cover off.
    Good luck
    Tony

3. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    As Tony says, and go and buy a trickle charger, Porsche do one that's plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and keeps it all ready for when you want ot use it :) Halfords also do them

btw letting batteries go completely flat is very bad and you may find it will never perform correctly again, they are only around £80 so worth replacing if at all iffy

4. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  5. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I use a battery conditioner: try this lot, and ask them for a charger plus a cigar lighter connector.

http://www.carcoon.co.uk/charge.htm

They work brilliantly, keeping the battery in tip-top shape.

Robert.