Bradan 512 TR service | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bradan 512 TR service

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by BRADAN, Jul 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #26 JoeZaff, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    Your right gravity doesnt care. Difference between gravity and pressure. I learned that in middle school. You have a full time detailing department. That's wonderful, so does my local car wash. I won't be taking my car there either. As for the debate part, please notice that I am not the only one questioning your methodology, but since you have brought it up regarding our alleged comparative experience, want to elaborate in this thread as to your expertise with Ferrari. After all you claim to be...

"... the world's premier Ferrari tuning house....with our unmatched talent pedigree"

How many mechanics do you have again? And what Ferrari specific experience and/or training did they bring to Bradan? Or are you guys still allegedly learning on the job with other peoples cars and money?

You wouldn't answer the question in the other thread, maybe you will here.

Also, I would be careful with that "gfy" stuff. Lose your customer service and People may not be as patient when it takes you 17 months and three engine pulls to do a major :D

2. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Now this is funny! I've got quite a few high profile clients, with a fair amount being attorneys. I guess it's understood that I don't tell them how practice law and they don't service their own cars, nor advise me on how best to perform said services. Then again, I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night. Who is this guy, anyhow???

3. Red Head Seeker

Red Head Seeker Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 27, 2009
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Mark
    For a "Few Extra Bucks"....you can get the "Deluxe Car Wash"....when..."Price Does NOT Matter"!!!!.....Mark

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3vlWXFiW70[/ame]

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    IMO, it's not a good idea to confirm the tampering of Federally mandated pollution control devices....

You have done the owner of this car a disservice, with this comment.

I realize you were trying to butress another point in the discussion, but you might want to request an edit of your post by the Mods, and they can delete THIS post at the same time.

Legal issue, and all.......be careful.

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    How to you feel about my post above?

The catalytic convertors??

Sorry to hear you are away from home, that bed is always the best!!

6. hnyc

hnyc Rookie

Nov 5, 2003

I'm not looking to pick a fight with you. I don't write because I don't feel like writing. If I own a testarossa or not..... that's for me. So your thing is, if you own a testarossa then you're compelled to write on fchat about it?
    Also by your reasoning then, any mechanic who doesn't own one doesn't know what he's talking about either and/or has no business working on your car!
    I post it seems 3 times a year, and I've been on fchat way before my join date. I'm ok with that. And just so you know, I'd trust whatever a seasoned mechanic tells me who has seen these cars from day one (1985) and knows their faults intimately. And I think I'm not the only one here who'd think that.
    These cars are made to not have water affect them. Over time, of course things change. Connectors and boots swell, terminals corrode and water aggravates this. But this also means that the car isn't 100% either
    Like I said, I have nothing against anyone, I just saw an unnecessary dogpile and for some reason threw in my two cents

As for the water whatever. I spray down my cars. Always have. From years of doing so I've done everything from somehow getting water in the crankcase (I was 17 or something, don't mind me) to as recently as a few years ago getting some water in the coil cap or wire boots and having a bit of a miss. It cleared up. I still do it, always will, and after time, I've realized how to do it without gumming up things too badly. Afterwards I put a light air blower to drive the water down, then start it up to take care of the rest.

7. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Hasn't this really gone far enough already?

It is getting childish.

(no - for the record - I do not spray water directly onto the engine of my Testarossa)

However, this is turning into a B.S. flinging session and not doing the Testarossa forum any service.

8. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    As best as I can recall, "Hollow cats" is a brand name. I see no laws being broken but, then again, I am not an attorney nor do I play one on the Internet.

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ok ...fixed

10. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Nice.

11. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #36 JoeZaff, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    My credentials are irrelevant, what is more impressive is how some of Bradan's supporters wants to obfuscate the issues. At their choosing, Bradan is the focal point of the thread, since they chose to showcase their "workmanship" it is only reasonable to ask about the experience and expertise backing up their work...especially when some of their actions appear suspect. Indeed, you will notice that three or four f-chatters took issue with their washing technique, as have others who have thus far not posted in this thread. So when they give an answer, especially a dismissive one, it begs the question "who are these guys."

In three separate threads I have posted the same question to Bradan,

"
    They've never answered anywhere. Maybe they will now, after all they are online. These guys claim to have an unmatched talent pedigree and to be Ferrari's premier tuning house and rather than share their credentials, all you hear is crickets. I can think of no other sponsor who engages in this curious practice.

As a paid member of this forum in good standing, I have the privilege of asking the questions set forth above provided I stay within the forum rules, which I have. Especially when the Sponsor wants to use every other thread on F-chat as an advertisement.

So, again, we can make this about me...but it shouldn't be. I didn't start the thread, and I am certainly not the only one to comment on their questionable washing technique.

Bradan shouldn't expect to be able to get away with dodging relevant questions pertaining to their claimed expertise, especially in light of the things that have happened on this board. This is a forum, not a paid advertising section.

12. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I find it annoying that some advertisers here on Fchat pump up their company/business in the general forums when they can post these in their designated area. Joe posts some valid questions and I would love to know the answers as well. The TR's electrics are terrible and require attention, hence the gold connector kit which includes new protective boots for all the plugs.. I would not worry too much about hosing down the engine to clean and degrease.. I always do it with the engine running and I try to stay away from certain areas with the water (ex. distributor caps, ignition coils, ecu's (all three of them), air pump filter (if in use), air cleaner duct, etc...).. probably not the greatest procedure to perform but I clean up the engine bay at least once a year and had no issues.. I also blow out any water with air that has settled in areas on top of the engine block.. I certainly would not post pictures of the procedure if I am a detail shop because if any issues arise they can be blamed because there is a picture of someone hosing down the engine bay with a water hose. Just not smart.. and the factory plugs and water seals.. huh.. garbage.. they get so deformed and dry from the heat build up thru the years they dont do anything and the terminals get cruddy and green. The connections becomes less and less which leads to issues and adjustments to compensate for the lack of connectivity.. After I installed the gold kit I had Jim at Pocono reset the mixture so its a nice e' nice.. Anyone ever clean up the engine bay with steam? Actually I kind of like when she gets a little dirty and grimey.. and the smell after a good run.. Sometimes I find myself going bck into the garage just to take a wiff.. Oil, dirt, grease, connolly leather, brakes, and ofcourse the best of all the exhaust. Hmm.. makes me wanna go downstairs and fire her up for a good jaunt.. Bradan, can't you keep your business in your designated area? No worries people will still see it.. Its like getting that annoying phone call during the day from the people trying to sell you better internet service, loans, phone service, gas, etc.. We usually hang up on them. It just feels like its being shoved down our throats and I'm not down for that..

R

13. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

550 owner here, and I for one really enjoy Bradan's detailed photos of their service work, and often refer back to their threads when I need a closeup shot of something that I don't have on my own computer.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and whether they post the photos in their own subforum or in the model specific forums doesn't matter to me; I just hope they continue to post them.

14. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian

Steam cleaning +1 the only way I get mine cleaned.

15. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Reason I'm saying because I think its a forum rule to keep it in your own designated area.. Maybe I'm wrong.. 550 owner? What you doing here? Get out of here!! lol.. lol.... Be well..

R

16. didimao0072000

didimao0072000 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Steam cleaning is the worst way to clean your engine. Many car manufacturers do not recommend steam cleaning.

17. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    #42 radlu, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mass Air Flow Sensors/connectors, O2 sensors and connectors, Injector connectors, Coils, Ignitors, coolant temp sensors, main connectors, AC connectors, Oil pressure sender and connector, TDC connector, speedo sender, AC electro magnetic clutch, alternator up on top, timing belt tensioner bearings,,,,etc etc ...all getting blasted with water.

The likelyhood of just one pin, outta ALL these connectors, or just one wire, or one bearing,,,,getting compromised now, is virtually 100%.

Which means, a problem sooner or later.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Maybe he is interested in buying a TR and join us here. :)

19. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    really? and water is better???

20. didimao0072000

didimao0072000 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Yes..

21. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello,

If GFY stands for what I believe it does, you should be ashamed.

IMHO,

Joe

22. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I have learned not to wrestle with anyone that has nothing to loose. I take it, you own a TR, correct? Talk is cheap my owing a TR is not!!!

23. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    I just love your stuff Robbie :D

P

24. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK