NYC Cop claims foot ran over by 458 driver. | FerrariChat

NYC Cop claims foot ran over by 458 driver.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by diSCUDsted, Aug 5, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Unbelievable!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lKwkn6JT74&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

2. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    Wow...................

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    You guys should subscribe..... There's a multi-thousand view, ~300 post thread regarding this video in Silver. ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

4. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Plus another thread in NYC section, another in 458, and I'm sure others as well.

But the one in Silver is where the action is.

Jedi

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Tri-state . . .

Current Ratio of F-Chat Viewers is 27:30 Members:Guests, which is about the same as yesterday after the story broke.

6. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 ;)

I thought I was safely away from any Olympic news there too :(

Cheers,
    Ian

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I expect this thread to be closed and moved to P and R in 3,2,1... :)

8. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Driver = ******.

Do what the cop says and don't be an idiot. Accept the fact that you got busted parking illegally, take the ticket and move on.

9. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Not that it justifies his actions, but he was not parked illegally. Read the info attached to video.

10. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    I will play devils advocate and say that anyone willing to put themselves in front of a moving vehicle, wants to get run over. You want to talk about officer safety, the officer obviously has no regard for his own, so why should the Ferrari driver? It's obvious he was not going anywhere fast. He could have side stepped and let the car go five feet, where it would have had to have stopped, and just pulled him out then. Not saying what the Ferrari driver did was right, but the way the cop handled the situation was stupid.

Also, we invented stop sticks to use in other situations, so the cops could stop blocking the road with themselves and their cars. Risk management, this cop has none.

11. Chrigel

Chrigel Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
  12. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    The thread reads like 50 Shades of Grey, but with a bald guy instead of a girl and an Ex Cop in place of the young billionaire.

Far too erotic for non-subscribed forums.

13. PinoyP

PinoyP Formula 3

Aug 7, 2006
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    AL
    O_O stoooopid drive

14. Eastwood

Eastwood Rookie

Mar 22, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    You have no idea what you're talking about. The driver should have listened to the officer instead of trying to drive away. Nobody is above the law.

Ferrari or not, I think any driver would have been arrested in that situation.

15. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    No foot was ran over. I hope that cop loses his job over an abuse of power. Insane...

16. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    The cop stood so close to the front of the car, must have know his feet were close to the wheel. No a smart place to put your foot. The driver seems like a bit of a smart arse. Why not just listen to the cop, regardless, and be polite even if the cop was not. The blame in the long run lies with the driver.

17. San Jose J

San Jose J Rookie

Feb 25, 2012
    Heh - I watched it again and agree that neither individual was very smart. The cop acted like a typical cop when his authority was questioned. However, the owner made a mistake by starting the car in the first place.

The smart thing to do would have been to stay cool then take the ticket to the valet service, presuming they messed up somehow.

18. Jdriver

Jdriver Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This is so sad to see and generally why people that drive exotic cars are generally deemed to be arrogant before they even open their mouths. It's a story like this that paints all Ferrari owners with a negative broad brush (undeservedly). Two wrongs never make a right, the guy should not have tried to drive off and the cop should not have tried to block him with his body (foot). It's a no win situation for the driver now when he probably could have got the ticket "fixed" after the fact. A bad scene for sure......

19. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

You could see the cop move his feet closer to the car when he knew the guy was getting ready to drive away. I'd sue his @ss as the ticket would stick(if it was legit) even if the guy drove away. No need for the power trip stuff. Good thing for video as the cop side of the story would have been resisting arrest and fleeing the scene etc. Welcome to the police state.(except when there's a video camera rolling) :)

20. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Another interesting thing to note is there was a time when a cop would be a little more respectful to an exotic owner as these people are typically affluent. In other words you don't know who the driver knows? For example the guy could know the mayor of the city and the cop would get chewed out etc. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. This cop pulls the power trip thing right in front of the camera with little regard. My guess is the cop looked at the guy(looks to be ME) and thought I'm going to F with this guy. He'll probably be sorry for sticking his foot in the way in more ways than one. ;)

21. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Lots of discussion in Silver on this with consensus is that both parties made mistakes but that the driver was the bigger jerk.

The report about what happened prior to the video's start is that the driver tried to snatch the ticket from the cop's hands and that the cop ordered him to stay on the sidewalk. So the stage was set before the video began that the encounter was already confrontational and that the driver might be aggressive in his behavior.

He turned a parking ticket into a felony charge. Not smart.

22. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    #23 wingfeather, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    Sigh. When did the media stop reporting & start fabricating???

"...Ferrari fool boyfriend busted for 'flooring it' onto tix cop’s foot..."

When did he floor it? When did he run over the cop's foot?

"...A rich playboy in a red Ferrari ran over..."

Yes, all Ferrari owners a rich playboys. Ugh. And again, nowhere in the video was anything ran over.

This must be another narrative from the leftstream media, who will do anything for money yet despise others with money?

23. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Who the hell just gets in their car and drives to drive away like that? I don't get the impresson the cop purposely tried to create that confrontation. The guy started the car, the cop just moved himself over to imply "hey... don't go anywhere" and the guy starts to roll forward.

I have no problem at all with how the cops handled that situation. I don't care who the person is or what they drive, he deserved a beat down. He's lucky he didn't get a nightstick to the head.

All these people who sit there and say it's an abuse of power are misguided. Sometimes when you act stupid and arrogant, bad things happen.

24. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo