VERDI FERRARI | Page 10 | FerrariChat

VERDI FERRARI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hincksmanrees1919, Nov 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    pfft, where's 'tech1' :p

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The assertions about Karl Verdi might be facts or not (I don't know), but I must remind all posters that they are fully and personally responsible for the content of their posts and that there could be serious consequences for slurring the three additional parties in this manner:

Re: Assertions about technician 1: "Lottery junkie" is an irrelevant characterization, possible defamation, and has nothing to do with technical competency.

Re: Assertions about technician 2: Lack of "useful integrity" is also an irrelevant characterization, possible defamation, and has nothing to do with technical competency.

Re: Assertions about technician 3: One labelled as a "convicted drug dealer" would almost certainly be entitled to sue "WhistleBlower" if not true and FerrariChat would fully cooperate in piercing WhistleBlower's ineffective attempt at anonymity if requested by proper authorities to do so.​

Once again: posters are fully and personally responsible for the content of their posts and they can be held to account for them. While this should be remembered at all times, it is particularly important to bear in mind when discussing serious matters such as these.

Respectfully yours,
    Andrew.

3. tech2

tech2 Rookie

Aug 12, 2012
    #228 tech2, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    Technician 2 : No qualifications to speak of, heavy handed, if he/she displayed any useful integrety then may well have have ended up at a dealer by now, ie. Marrenello

Further correction – The amount of cars that have in the past been subcontracted to Verdi’s from {edit: independent} dealers for repair, would almost make it seem like a superior outfit. Also I can rebuild a F430 engine quicker than most people in the UK. Not bad for a heavy handed mechanic?. Note correct spelling of Maranello, yes I am literate too!

Tech1 is not available at present so, let me respond on his behalf. Anyone who has worked in an MOT environment knows that work peaks and troughs, not to mention work required to fix a failed MOT. When not doing MOT’s we also repair cars that Ferrari owners use as their daily drivers. Whether people decide to play the lottery or not is their prerogative, don’t you think?

4. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    And yet none of you technicians had the measure of your boss?

5. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Why not post your real name? If you are/were a technician for the fraudulent cowardly crook that is Karl Verdi, or Birdy Wirdy or whatever the f@@k it's name is, then it'll be no secret. Why hide behind a username?

6. Hole in the ground

Oct 19, 2007
    Tech 3, do you ride a Yamaha?

7. Hole in the ground

Oct 19, 2007
    Will,

Please, please, please dont take offence, but with a name like that you should be working there too....

Once again, please dont take offence, just my silly sense of humour :)

8. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    As much as I think this is absolute bull****, I'm willing to hear you out if you'd be so kind as to answer my questions...

How recent has this happened?

Does this still happen?

What dealer is this from?

What kind of jobs did the main dealers not be able to complete so handed them to you guys?

Do Ferrari North Europe know about this?

Do Ferrari S.p.A know about this?

Do the owners of the cars know about this?

Like I said, I doubt this happens, if it does, I suggest you prepare to stand by your statement, just as the Whistleblower has to, I'd imagine Karl Verdi and tech3 will be less likely to challenge his statement, as the main dealers and Ferrari NE will be yours.

Best Regards
    Mike James

9. tech2

tech2 Rookie

Aug 12, 2012
    #234 tech2, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    Error in post, Admin please amend. Thanks for highlighting.

10. London John

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    That's post-ironic funny.

11. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK

No offence taken, the 'crook' family are used to this joke!

12. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    This thread is becoming funnier all the time ;-)

13. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    Most of you will recognise me, I had bankruptcy proceedings against Verdi and he coughed up the money for my car that ended up in the Congo and I am aware about his arrest, his impending re-arrest and also for his son, we can all rest assured this is only the beginning. As for his "mechanics", having had 2 Testarossas and a 360 and having used several different garages for servicing, I can safely say that the work undertaken at Verdi's was nothing short of imcompetent and inept if indeed anything was actually ever done. Ever heard of a Ferrar garage changing cambelts on a Testarossa without taking the engine out, Verdi's could do this!

14. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 :)

Ouch!

Be interesting to see comments from one of our 3 highly trained & experienced techs....... ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

15. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    WTF?

16. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    Verdi said his car was not sold but the trakker said it was in the Congo. Another one just turned up in Australia that has not been paid for.

He sold mine to a guy who was supposdely In LA, although was British and thoughtfully changed the V5 without my knowledge.

Several people the same thing, sell it, lie that you have not sold it and then eventually come clean months or in one case a year later.

This is not the behaviour of someone whose business is in trouble, it is fraud and theft.

17. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Lets hope Karl Verdi birdy Singh ends up behind bars then.

18. BAD 130Y

BAD 130Y Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    R Koli
    I have known Karl for 14 years now and he has serviced various V8s and V12s i have owned. Never i once had to question him about the service cost . He is a genuine bloke and i have up most respect for the guy. He has never let me down and i highly recommend servicing your car with him.
    There are always going to be some people in the forum with 'sour grapes'.

19. London John

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Sure, just as there are others on the forum with crack habits........

20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    stupidest post in the history of fchat?

21. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    You are a loon. He cheated me out of over 20k and several others out of 100's of thousands. I have a creditors list infront of me from the official receiver. Did you read this thread?

22. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    But elsewhere you swear by a different garage again....hmmm....

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=139751183#post139751183

23. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    #248 Ferrari_Michael, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    Weren't you in a few newspapers a while back? Did you get tried, serve time, or was it a big misunderstanding? Perhaps it's the same situation with Verdi's?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/how-a-black-ferrari-snared-the-1631bn-drug-barons-1703249.html

24. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  25. jokr

jokr Karting

Nov 30, 2010
    I have known Kuldip (his real name) for much longer, and I regarded him as a friend.
    Right up to the point where he sold my car, didn't tell me about it and then pocketed the money himself. This is not sour grapes. This is fraud and theft.

If you feel comfortable dealing with a criminal, then get your car serviced there. But I, and many others, would rather not.