Foggy lens on 360 headlights | FerrariChat

Foggy lens on 360 headlights

Discussion in '360/430' started by swindom, Aug 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swindom

swindom Rookie

Jul 19, 2012
    Any ideas on a solution to "unfog" the lens cover of the headlights on 360?

2. suznvon

suznvon Rookie

Aug 11, 2012
    French Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    J.A. Punzalan
    Try this, it worked for my 2001 Modena 360 F1:

3M Headlight Restoration Kit.About this product
    Buy from WalmartShipping & PickupOnline
    $16.95..

3. Splitting Atoms

Splitting Atoms Formula 3

Sep 18, 2011
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There is a thread called "360 Open Light Surgery" currently on page 3 of the 360/430 threads. It deals with fogging on the inside of the lenses.

4. SteveF430

SteveF430 Rookie

Jul 30, 2011
    Jonkoping Sweden
    Full Name:
    Steve K
    I assume you are talking about the OUTSIDE of the lens?

If you are, a very fine toothpaste will work wonders too. I tried that on a Merc ML and it did wonders. Caution though, don't use a gritty toothpaste. Buy the smoothest one you can find.

The restoration kits contain a polish but all involve a rubbing process with very fine grit sandpaper in separate stages. Try toothpaste.

Incidentally, toothpaste also cleared up my Spider's foggy back window a treat.

5. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Condensation inside of lense? A tea bag will cure this! Or better yet, a silicone baggie (the ones that comes in your multi vitamin bottle) works well too. Just make sure to take them out otherwise mold will grow over time.

6. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    I went through this a few months ago. I had to open my lenses and clean the inside.
    If you need to do the same, Its a HUGE deal. There is one man out there in LA by the name of Chris. If he likes you, he will take on the job of carefully popping open the lens, cleaning and re-sealing them up.....

PM me if you want his info.

Good luck