Source of injectors 328 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Source of injectors 328

Discussion in '308/328' started by jonesdds, Aug 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    Sorry about that. Saw your profile pic...looks great!

2. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    How difficult is it to get the bushings out of my car without removal of the manifold? One method used was to place a screw into it and pull up and out. My concern would be if it fractured and bits went down into the cylinders. Probably best to remove manifold then to remove?

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    (I realize that this is an off-topic thread hijack point, but) Rob, what is your reference for the KE3-Jet injector bushing being different? Doesn't the abs 328 SPC shows the same 113309 bushing?

Also, I believe that the intake manifold to cylinder head gaskets are identical except for the material (as are the base intake manifold castings). The Swiss were early adopters of "no asbestos" regulations, but, if you try to buy the US 117262 gasket now, it just supercedes to that CH 135093 gasket (since we've now all gone "no asbestos").

What is fairly different in the intake area is that on your US model 328, the AAV connects to that aluminum air tube under the plenum that has the 8 little fittings individually connected to the intake runners (and the other end of the aluminum air tube connects to where the CSI is located on the plenum). On the CH KE-3, the AAV is more directly connected to the plenum at the CSI, and they moved the CSI to the middle back of the plenum (i.e., no aluminum air tube and no little fittings on the intake runners on the CH KE3) - compare Table 14 to Table 15 in the abs 328 SPC.

Anyway, just wanted to ask the source of your "different bushings" reference...

4. rockford

rockford Karting

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, tx
    Full Name:
    rockford woods
    Yes. It is simple to remove the manifolds and plenum in one assembly. Took me about 30 minutes. Follow Rob's methodology to avoid dropping spacers into the heads. The sleeves are probably stuck in the manifolds but they should drive out easily from the bottom. I used a long 10mm socket on an extension as I did not care whether I destroyed them or not. Bear in mind they are made of the same black fiber material as the gaskets between the intake and head so are very soft. If you want to avoid damaging them make a piloted drift with the pilot the same diameter as the injectors. The large diameter of the drift needs to fit into the 12mm bore of the manifold. Thy are nearly pointed on the end so you will probably flatten the end anyway.

5. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Sorry to hijack with the swiss question, but the answers to this are exceptional, probably the only thread with the details of the differences! Thank you for avoiding untold misery for us swiss car owners, which are otherwise often among the nicest condition cars out there!

6. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    FYI the Bosch number for the 129036 injector is in fact 0.437.502.035
    and is a steel injector. My records indicate this supersedes to the same
    0.437.502.047 brass injector as the other models us.

7. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    other models use....