required laptop for F Owners... | FerrariChat

required laptop for F Owners...

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by lukek, Nov 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    This weekend, I am gonna take my old Toshiba Portege Faberge Deluxe, mask it real nice with tape, and spray some Testor's Fiorano Red all over the lid. I might find a sticker with a horsie, too. My IT dept. might be pissed when it comes time to return the machine, but by then it might only be good as a food tray, anyway.
    Don't call the police...

2. v8esprit

v8esprit Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Seriously, if you look at the specs, it sux.

If you want to paint a laptop Ferrari colors, with the implication that its fast, you really ought to wait for this:

http://sagerforums.com/showthread.php?t=9961

Right now I have a laptop (8890) very similar to it, but this one should blow any computer out of the water. Imagine a full blown network server in you satchel. That's what these Sagers are.

-Lox
    Lotus Esprit V8
    Palo Alto, CA

3. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
  4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Because Acer paid big? Why does Ferrari Barbie exist?

I remember reading an article by Russell Bulgin (RIP) in CAR some years back (99?) in wihch he wrote an article about the Diablo 6.0 vs. 550M. One particular excerpt (this is from memory, so bear with me):

"That Luca Di Montezemolo licensed Ferrari's toyrights to Mattel for squillions of dollars is inevitable. What's surprising is that he hasn't signed her up to replace Luca BaDoer" - or something like that.

--Dan

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    By the way, TOny, do they have a DINO edition? :D

--Dan

6. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon

Because Noel is awesome! ;)

Best!
    Ben.

PS: Lox- DAMN, 9lbs *withought* battery? I'll carry two titaniums and cluster 'em ;) Still want to see a dual-proc laptop, just for sheer sillyness...

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Noel IS awesome!

--Dan