Tony Stewart Throws Helmet At Matt Kenseth - Bristol 2012 | FerrariChat

Tony Stewart Throws Helmet At Matt Kenseth - Bristol 2012

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 4re Nut, Aug 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thought this deserved its own thread; the action starts at the 20 sec mark...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC8Jyuryc_s[/ame]

This one has the Dale Jarrett reference...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I7V8p_tsBU[/ame]

2. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Hello, I thought it was good racing for position not done to knock him out. Tony was just venting at the moment.

However, Patrick had a beef and warrented more than finger waving, IMHO.

3. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Agreed.

For those that missed it, here's Danica's wreck; the finger waving is at the 2:25 mark...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_nwOEONs6Y[/ame]

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    He throws like a girl! :)

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ford driver crashes into the Chevrolet driver who just happened to scoop the drivers championship out of his Ford teammates hand last year...
    CH

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I didn't see the whole race but I liked what I saw. old school hardass NASCAR racin', ain't nothin' wrong with that.

7. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's Bristol baby! :D

Probably my favorite race of the year in terms of pure watching enjoyment.

8. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Bristol highlights the difference between a good race and a good show. Richmond, charlotte and Atlanta are usually the best races, Bristol and martinsville are usually the best shows.

9. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good point that there is a difference b/w the "race" and the "show". I think NASCAR does a good job of trying to balance it...even if that does occasionally lead to one too many "debris cautions." :rolleyes:

10. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #10 Str8shooter, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I thought the Stewart deal was just good hard racing although it was a bit early to be so risky. Hamlin and Logano showed a lot of patience and for Hamlin it paid off. Danica on the other hand got a raw deal, again. She did a really great job in both series on a track that is really tough and physically demanding.

I had the good fortune of going to a night race at Bristol working with a Goodys Dash Team and what was then a Winston Cup team. With full credentials I got to watch the Dash, Truck, Busch and Cup races from every vantage point Bristol has to offer.

I have to say the experience is so much more than what translates on TV. The place is HUGE twice the size of a football stadium at least and every seat has a great view. The sound is deafening when you get close to the track. Action is everywhere and nothing is out of your peripheral vision. Standing in the center, looking up at the stands and watching the race is an experience I'll never forget. Bristol is just one of a kind and every NASCAR or racing fan should experience it.

Here's a few still pics I took using my video camera.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Living in Charlotte, I have a hard time liking Bristol, and 'Dega. A lot of torn up cars and hopes end up on the way back here afterwards.

I liked the races there earlier this year, good racing, good passes. I only watched about 100 laps of the Cup race, and none of the others. Just boring, and a lot of torn up stuff. Biffle and Kensseth had a good race going, as did Logano and Busch for a bit after Logano got shuffled back in pit stops, but otherwise, it didn't have a lot of appeal for me.

12. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I hear ya, and I don't like the plate races for that reason, but IMO the short track slugfests are part of NASCAR's appeal, torn up equipment (and tempers) be damned. :)

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

ts turned into bk...you can see his drivers gloves turning hard left. he is a dope to have made such a show.

danica managed to stay out of trouble for the large part do to her running so slowly and not really racing anyone. she was in 19th when she was crashed out but if you looked there were really only still 23 cars still racing. all the others had crashed out or were in the pits for ages prior to coming back out for the fans. she basically was a back marker and only improved her position as there was attrition.

pcb

14. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #14 BartonWorkman, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    Will they settle the score with a pay-per-view
    steel cage death match or a lumberjack vendetta match?

Either way, the rubes will keep tuning in.

BHW

15. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEuLsw4BzDg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

BHW

16. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8310902/tony-stewart-cooling-incident-matt-kenseth

Maybe they should decide the wild card with a skills competition....helmet toss, arm wrestling, gas can carry, MMA... :D

17. froth1990

froth1990 Rookie

Aug 28, 2012
    I thought the race was great.. fun battles for the lead and action... just wish the finish was more exciting... I still hate the top line train hard to pass deal..

18. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm

Hello, you may be right though she was on the lead lap so not a backmarker at all. Its possible she would have improved her position simply as there were around 80 laps left the front runners would have knocked each other out leaving her to move up. Simply by staying out of trouble, learning which she was doing well. Her last two races she did very well even LEADing one for twenty laps before debris (shoe) took her out.

I would not count her out, she has top equipment and a better attitude as she matures.

19. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

My first live racing event I have ever watched!!!

I saw this happen and asked my buddy sitting next to me lots of stupid questions. LoL

Will he get a fine? He was pissed!!:eek:

20. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    oh crap, now BLAMPEE's gonna screw up all the racing threads too

:(

21. BLAMPEE

Nuh uh.....:rolleyes:

22. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    LOL :D

23. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I like the short tracks, what I don't like, is that Bruton Smith intentionally changed Bristol to try to get more wrecks, and those wrecks rather than being beating and banging, are more likely to total the car for the night.

I liked the Bristol races earlier this year.

I also like the higher speed tracks with lefts and rights, but except for Watkins, those are only NW series.

24. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No, see this post for his thoughts: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141701181&postcount=16.

For a few years they tried to "clean up" the drivers' antics and he would have likely been fined and/or put on probation.

However, then NASCAR realized that part of the appeal is the drivers "keep it real" and show their emotions so the current motto is "have at it, boys"...to a limit...just ask Kurt Busch, http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/story/2012-06-04/Kurt-Busch-suspended-for-Pocono-race/55383326/1.

"Is that Prada?"

"When's halftime?"

"If they all go in a circle how do you know who is winning?"

"Does the winner get a mani-pedi with the Sprint girl?"

25. BLAMPEE

Hahahhaa!!!!

Silly.

:p