Hospitality at Petit LeMans | FerrariChat

Hospitality at Petit LeMans

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by raider1968, Aug 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Is there going to be a Ferrari Coral and hospitality at Petit Lemans?

2. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    but Ferrari hasn't announced anything yet. Will keep everyone posted the minute we hear anything. Best to the clan.

3. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thanks - I will be at Road Atlanta this Saturday

4. Trance

Trance Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2009
    Nashville/Knoxville
    Full Name:
    Pouya V
    I really hope the Ferrari hospitality comes back to the Petit. It was a lot of fun last year.

5. dudegotskills

dudegotskills Karting

Feb 11, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Xander
    no kidding :)

6. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    It was great 2 years ago when they had it with private parking for the cars!

7. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    attended too. I think we had over 40 Ferraris there on Saturday. I spoke to my contact at Ferrari and was told there wont be Ferrari hospitality this year. Although we didn't have a big car coral last year I thought the hospitality offered was fantastic. Perhaps the factory will be back next year.

8. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sounds like FoA should get a corral going then.

hint..hint...

9. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    My 13 year old son loved the FoA tent last year. Of course they let him sit in the new Ferrari. He was in heaven. Thinks he's gonna drive my 308 to High School...

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Good idea! Will, can you see what you could arrange with the track? Just a small, exclusive parking area near the vendor village with a modest tent would be adequate.

11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'll come to Will's rescue on this one. RA charges an obscene amount for a tent and corral that is not already affilitated with a constructor - Corvette, Audi, Porsche Mazda all have a corral but they are sponsored & paid by the actual constructor and is for each event in the series.

Ferrari has chosen to not do that... for FOA to cover the cost of $25k I think is not fair, as they will not "get a return" on it.

However if FCA members here want to "chip in" we can rent a motorhome, and make that a "base"... FOA will have its tent at the vendor village but that is not going to be open to a corral or parking.

typically our turnout at Petite has not been that strong unless FNA is hosting the event ( which is not just FOA customers ) .... I'm happy to try to work something out but I need FIRM committment ...$$$ in advance to get some thing from the track. if ya'll are willing I'm willing.

12. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Tom is spot on with this. Placement of a tent and room to park is VERY expensive as there is limited space to go around. I already cover expense for our vendor area in the hopes we sell enough trinkets to offset that investment. Two years ago Pennzoil covered all the cost as part of a Ferrari race team sponsorship they had with Risi. It was a great opportunity for us and I'm glad everyone got to take part. Hopefully we will see FNA back next year and will be able to enjoy the fantstic job they do in providing hospitality for Petit.

13. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Hi Tom,
    Give us some numbers. Will you also have just ferrari parking roped off, or what is the exact form of parking. It is very meek that the greatest car of all time , Ferrari, has no special place. My sister in on the dark side with her porsche, and yet this just strengthens her position that porsche is the better car. I know..... I know..... they all do that.

I guess I will have to hang my head and watch all the porsche play and have fun. And ride in with her. leaving the ferrari back at the exit ,,, maybe just leave it a wendy's or the gas station.

Maybe I can park with the Japanese cars..... : )

What kind of price do we need to pay.
    Thanks,
    John

14. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    killjoy...

Well I'm not an FCA member (suppose I should fix that), but I'd be willing to chip in for a home base. I haven't attended PLM the last couple years and I don't want to miss it again. How much do you think it's going to take?

15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I would be willing to get involved - lets figure something out - I was going to call Monday and see about rv reserved parking anyway

16. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I will investigate the pricing and get back to ya;ll....

17. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I'd be interested depending on the cost and if we could work out a place to park the cars. Any thoughts to trying to 'partner' with another club and help offset their cost if we could establish a Ferrari parking coral with them?

18. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I called for a rv site for my bus and they are sold out so no luck there - thought we could use that as a rally point

19. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Do you have to have an RV site or can you just pull it anywhere in the infield where you have space? I thought in the past I've seen RV's all over the infield and outfield.

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Some years ago, one of the S.C. members got an RV space along the fence in the skidpad area and invited us to join him. It was fun watching the race from the roof of the RV, especially after dark!

21. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    My bus is too big to just try to pull into the infield

22. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I talked to Road Atlanta, and as previously reported RV slots are taken. To get a corral together with all the parking would cost .... wait for it.... $5K. for 25 cars. that would be $200 per car on top of your ticket price.

While I love the Petite - $200 just to park is NUTZ! in my book.... and I doubt if we would even get 25 participants if the cost was $50.... we can always send email's to FNA, but from my experience they are not interested. The Dealers and FNA have contributed a large amount of $$$ for the 50th anniversary - 599 - free mtns for a year etc... so just dont think this is on anyone's budget.