HK Exotics spotting | Page 119 | FerrariChat

HK Exotics spotting

Discussion in 'Asia' started by ApeGen, Feb 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IcyJ

IcyJ Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Hong Kong
  2. RWP

RWP Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    HK
    Some great shots above! Also, that Huarya looks the business. I think they have similar seats in one of the TVRs (unless my mind's playing up, which is very possible). Haven't been out that much myself, but it's been an age since I last posted in the thread. However, there maybe a few photos of interest in my photostream here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48817379@N03/

Got a nice red Superamerica in its element, but unfortunately not Sir Paul's.

3. IcyJ

IcyJ Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Hong Kong
  4. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Saw red 246 in Kennedy Town late this afternoon - really looks exotic among the regular cars of today! Only got a quick glimpse but got the feeling it may be a new restoration? Anyone know it?

5. IcyJ

IcyJ Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Hong Kong
  6. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
  7. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    Saw one just being finished a respray after full ground up restoration at IMSS in Shatin on friday. it looked Rosso Corsa 322 also but not sure there would have been time from then to now for it to be on the road.
    Paul

8. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Hmmm, when I looked at the other photos a little bell went off in my head that I think the one I saw maybe didn't have all it's badges on?

9. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Anyone going to the RedBull soapbox derby tomorrow?

10. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    The Classic Car Club's Sunday Morning Drive was last week ;-)

11. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    LOL! But that might explain my 246 spot last Sunday...

12. RWP

RWP Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    HK
    Was the plate EM1L, Kerrari?

13. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I can answer that if she doesn't mind,yes it was.(K told me about it on skype)

14. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Umm I didn't really want to post that in a public place - thought I gave enough info for anyone who knew it to recognize! Apologies to the owner, if they're here...

15. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Anyone know what time Chater Road display is on?

16. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    9h-16h I think.

17. RWP

RWP Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    HK
    Sorry for the faux pas! I thought it was harmless, and wouldn't have posted the plate if I'd known it would cause problems. I would delete it but unfortunately, Fchat makes it impossible to edit your messages after they have been up for a time.

I have an opportunity for anyone here with a modified Japanese car that would like to see it in a magazine. I have been approached by a friend who works for a foreign car tuning magazine looking for two cars to feature in the magazines upcoming article on Japanese performance cars. The brief from the magazine is that they are looking for a Nissan GT-R (R34) and a Toyota Trueno (AE86), but really anything that is Japanese and quite heavily modified should fit the bill. I'm afraid I can't provide a fee but obviously there will be some nice glossy photos and a magazine feature of the owner's pride and joy for the participant. The magazine will run the article in a 3-4 months time, but I'll need to do the shoot with the next six weeks or so.

If anyone here (or anyone you know) is keen and would like to see an example of my photography, you can have a look here...

and here (although I haven't updated this for a while)

http://juanchaihk.wix.com/rprocter#!portfolio

I thought I would post here as I know there are a number ofg Japanese performance car enthusiasts in this thread. Look forward to hearing from you if you're keen!

18. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    be careful with publishing photos of a modified car in hk in the current regime of strict mot's. government will use that as evidence for inspection and the centre that issued the mot will come under scrutiny. there are video cameras in the mot centres. i have an r34 gtr and i put it back to stock (except for bbs wheels). too much hassle to deal with any mods. mot rules will not relax anytime soon. japanese cars that have been modified are number 1 target

19. RWP

RWP Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    HK
    That's a very good point you make! I hadn't even thought of that. The magazine will be published abroad, so hopefully it would be difficult for the gov to find the pictures, but I guess it is still a risk. It's a shame the HK government spend so many of their resources on this 'issue' when there are far more pressing things they could be investing their time in. Anyway, this didn't stop another good turn out for the CCCHK Chater Road meet yesterday. Some very interesting cars on display such as the Aston DB2 Vantage Drophead by Graber and a nicely turned out race prepped 308 GTB...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48817379@N03/8110984170/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48817379@N03/8110985320/in/photostream/#

Many more photos here, with more to come...

20. IcyJ

IcyJ Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Hong Kong
  21. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein