Car meet for child with terminal leukemia - Sept 8, 1pm. (Leeds/Manchester) | FerrariChat

Car meet for child with terminal leukemia - Sept 8, 1pm. (Leeds/Manchester)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ryalex, Aug 29, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Reposted from:

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/947972-losing-my-son-please-help.html

Cliffs: Car show for Subaru board member's 11yr old son who has inoperable leukemia, estimated one month to live.

Setp 8, 1pm.
    FRED LAWTON LTD MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, MELTHAM HUDDERSFIELD,HD9 4AY
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Meltham+HD9+4AY,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=57.553742,80.419922&oq=+MELTHAM+HUDDERSFIELD,HD9+4AY&hnear=Meltham+HD9+4AY,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Hope they have a great turn out for their son, heartbreaking story.

3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That's a terribly sad situation. Hope the day is a success.

Sincerely,
    Andrew.

4. X11OUD

X11OUD Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2008
    Manchester, England
    Full Name:
    Neil
    There are quite a few of us from 'Supercar Driver' attending with Ferraris to add to this incredible turn out for Connor, a heartbreaking story but hopefully some cheer will be brought to him and his family.

5. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You're definitely one of the good guys Neil. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

6. Ralph K

Ralph K Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2008
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    I am planing to go if I can find someone to tag along for the ride.

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Bit too far away or I'd be there. Wouldve liked to help

8. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
  9. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    A truly superb effort. Thank you one and all.

10. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Very upset and angry that due to a total jobsworth of a moderator i was unable to be a part of this. I'm from Huddersfield and i keep my car there most of the year. Literally about 6 miles from Meltham.

Where has Steve gone? Only decent moderator on here and clearly a top bloke as well.

11. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
  12. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    As you seem fit to air your dirty laundry in public...

If you harass other users and then tell the attending moderator "shove your warnings up your arse", I don't know how you could expect anything other than a ban. I would have much preferred to have merely had a polite word with you and left it at that, but you chose otherwise. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

Regards,
    Andrew.

13. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005

You allow highly offensive + racist comments to remain on the board and for a long standard member to be accused of being a bigot. Thats what type of person you are.

So don't be surprised if i tell you to shove your warnings up your arse as that's exactly where they belong. I have absolutely no respect for you on any level. Racists and those that tolerate racism are as low as it gets.

I do hope Steve is ok and he'll be back soon to add some decency, common sense and intelligence to the moderation on this section.

14. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Why? A ban just means you can't post, nothing to do with attending what was obviously a great effort.

Oh dear. Another timeout coming I feel..... I don't know (or care TBH) how you got in to trouble in the first place, but the above puts you on *very* thin ice at the least. The mods (all of 'em) do a fine job IMO and winding 'em up like that is never going to end well.

Cheers,
    Ian

15. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    How you could read the future, I'll never know, Ian.

Also, your point is very well-made: a ban on this board in no way prevents someone from attending an event... any event.

Hear that noise: it's ice breaking.

This is how this ends: 60 days time out for 360stimo for being argumentative, combative, and for making false accusations against Andrew (saying he is racist when clearly he isn't), not as a Moderator, but as one of the most fair, even-handed, and more contributive users on the board.

Mike

16. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    The accusation that i called Andrew a racist is completely and utterly false. It never happened.

Hopefully an apology for the defamatory statement will be forth coming from Mike.

Interesting that part of the reason i was banned was for 'making false accusations'. Will you be applying this rule to yourself Mike?

17. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    It has been brought to my attention that 360stimo actually called Andrew not a "racist" but a "racist apologist". His exact comment in the thread was "Racists and those that tolerate racism are as low as it gets," which may be ambiguous as to whether Andrew is a racist or if he is only tolerant of racism, but his direct message to Andrew stating "You remain a racist apologist" clarifies his intent.

Whichever he meant, Andrew is equally despicable. As accuracy is important, I have no problem correcting this for the record. The remainder of my ban message stands as is.

Mike

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    As 360stimo believes the minor omission of the word 'apologist' and being 'accused of accusing another of being a racist' (yes, it is as odd as it sounds) warrants making threats of litigation against the board and one or more moderators, it is the unanimous opinion of the admin and moderators that he is not temperamentally suited to participation on a free-flowing board of this nature. Consequently he is permanently banned. In his own words: "So don't be surprised if i tell you to shove your warnings up your arse as that's exactly where they belong."

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    STILL ALL THIS CRAP ON HERE MAKE ME A MOD I WILL SORT IT OUT

20. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    keep up stimo steve cant be a mod when you are in prison

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/united-kingdom/296409-where-has-steve-fan512bbi-gone-6.html

21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The boy Connor died at Christmastime.