Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 4RE886, Mar 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Alfonso,

Thank you for the very detailed and informative information!

I really like the meaning, and actually think it really looks cool too! Do you happen to have a close up picture of it? What did you use for the lettering?
    I hope to do this F1 brake light mod. I don't believe anyone local to me has it, and it should be a hit. Along with a great technician like Tony, it looks like you guys have a really fun group out there. Oh yeah, the l.e.d. strips in the headlight housing looks great as well. Hmm, something else I may have to look into! lol

2. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    #177 ASFJr, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    You're welcome, diSCUDsted.

I believe I have a photo of it somewhere on this thread. The sticker I use is one that you can find at any art store or hardware store. It comes in an 8.5 x 11 sheet of white letters and numbers. I got mine at FLAX art store in San Francisco. It is low-tac adhesive. I clean the painted surface; then, I apply a nice coat of wax and rub it out. I apply the stickers.

I had to remove it after it being on for one year because TAForza wrapped my engine bay lid with carbon fiber; and, the letters came off very easy -- no tan-lines or residue from the adhesive. If there were, light weight polish would clean it up.

Yes -- I love the LEDs on the headlight track. Also, in this thread is a picture of the LEDs that TAForza put on my engine bay lid to light up the engine bay. Also, he put an LED strip to light up the rear Cavalino Rampante.

Yes -- TAForza can create any modifications you have in mind.

The F-1 brake light is my favorite addition. It looks cool and keeps the civilian vehicles behind me alert and awake. Ferrari put an F-1 brake light on their new Ferrari; I forgot the name of the model, but it's the new front-end 12-cylinder.

You will be the only one in your hood to have the F-1 brake-light.

In the SF Bay Area, I believe only three of us have the F-1 brake-light and LED setup: TAForza, Showtime, and I.

Send me an email if you have additional questions; and, of course, if you ever make it to SF, be sure to let us know. We will take you to some cool dinner spots.

Email (phonetics=letters and numbers -- no spaces): a ess eff jay r zero eight zero two at gee mail dot com.

Clear skies and check 6.

3. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Thanks, TAForza, for welding my exhaust pipe break at the exhaust bracket -- the sound of rattling marbles in a glass jar is no longer singing in the Italian choir -- ahh, she sounds great again.

The check engine light has not come on under Cycle Number 2. Hopefully, the light will not show up in Cycle 3 when I drive her tomorrow, 15-August.

4. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    Thats pretty cool Alfonso

5. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Thanks, Kourosh007.

6. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    #181 ASFJr, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So, today, 15-August-2012, I went to pick up Saphira after TAForza did a full diagnostic test on her. Recently, he purchased a diagnostic computer from Ferrari to decipher all the Check Engine Codes.

She passed with flying colors -- the culprit? I did not screw down my petrol cap, which activated the Check Engine light in an intermittent behavior.

When I arrived, TAForza said, "Check this out." (Pictures below)

TAForza modified his headlights and integrated multi-colored LEDs in the HID bulb compartment. I am not a mechanical engineer like TAForza, so I really don't know all the technical details, but all I know is that I'm including these LEDs into my HID headlights. When I view the lights, they look like normal HIDs -- I can't see any trace of the LEDs.

The pictures below show Blue, Red, Green, and Amber; however, there are tons of other colors that TAForza can program into the LEDs. The LEDs are activated remotely through a controller -- like a TV remote controller, but it is smaller and thinner.

It looks much better in person. I especially love that TAForza, through the controller, can make them flash and combine colors for multi-flashing. My favorite color is blue; hence, I will be keeping that sequence on.

Here is a video that shows them flashing and sequencing through various colors: http://youtu.be/H2wk-nEvWH0

Also, he painted the rim of the HID light black; and, the inside the headlight chamber is carbon fiber.

I am anxiously waiting for this modification, which will take place next week: 20-August-2012.

My new call-sign for TAForza is Terminator; when you see the red headlights, you will understand.

Showtime will be getting this modification to his black F430 Spyder; I'm hoping that I will be before him.

(BTW, the use of these LEDs on the road is illegal; but, as you know, that's never stopped me.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    WOW.... thats awesome.... I love it!

8. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would be interested to know what the typical lead time is for repairs.

9. Spiderguy

Spiderguy Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Full Name:
    Harry J
    My 612 sat for only a week, but when I tried to fire it up on Sunday, I got nothing, not even a crank. The battery on my new-to-me 612 was very dead. I contacted Tony and within a short time, he was at my house charging up my battery and was able to get the car started. There was definite concern about the remaining life of the battery, so Tony drove my car to his facility for further testing. After determining that the battery would not hold a charge, Tony changed out the battery, hooked up a trickle charger at my request and even cleaned up a huge leak that he found.

Kudos to Tony for providing such exceptional customer service, especially on a Sunday!

10. Semik

Semik Karting

Oct 12, 2011
    Sausalito
    Full Name:
    M
    Now this...is awesome!!!

11. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This is long overdue. Thank you Tony and the gang at T&R for taking care of all my cars! T&R performed a major service on both the 430 and my daily driver this past year. He also repaired the front grill of the 430 and replaced the skid plates which were completed cracked in multiple spots and also repainted and repaired the damaged rear diffuser. Additionally, he touched up the moderate wear on the lateral bolsters of the leather seats. I was told by FofSF that I would have to get them completely reupholstered. I mentioned this to Tony and he made them look amazing with the special leather paint that he has - this saved my thousands. Impeccable service!

The cars are running great and look great. But, a very special thank you to Tony for taking care of the 456 which blew a tire 2 weeks ago, this was no fun to say the least. I was a little stranded and he immediately and professionally took in the car one day before the FOG rally. Even though he was overwhelmed with work and planning for the rally he amazingly helped me out. Many of you have been witness to Tony's passion and willingness to go above and beyond and know that we are so fortunate in the Ferrari community to have Tony! I am very grateful. Thank you!

12. Richlf

Richlf Rookie

Jul 5, 2012
    #187 Richlf, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
    T&R Ferrari Service

First: Thanks so much for the attention to detail and care to my dream car!!!! Rich

What distinguishes a good mechanic from an excellent mechanic (the following):

1. Attention to detail
    2. Knowledge and experience
    3. Customer appreciation and communication
    4. Costs
    5. Trust and Confidence

If I had to rate the the above for T&R, the rating would be five of five stars!!!!!!

My Ferrari 360 was in need of attention in a hurry. Note: two other Ferrari shops looked at my car and had no clue how to repair my 360. My neighbor (also a Ferrari owner) recommended T&R to me. I called Tony and he made an appointment for me the very next day--seriously!!! Within a few hours of looking at my car, he knew exactly what the problem was. Yes, the solution is expensive but no fault of Tony. Note: the real costs was in the Ferrari parts---shame on you Ferrari parts dealers!!!!! Side Note: Because Tony is well connected in the Ferrari community, he was able to get the required parts at a discount and pass the savings along to me (the customer). Yep, I checked the dealer for parts prices and sure enough they were significantly higher. Once again, shame on you Ferrari parts dealers.

Customer Service: Tony at T&R sent me e-mails detailing the progress of my car. He also answered my reply e-mails within an hour. Frankly, I have never heard of mechanics keeping open lines of communications with clients during business hours---including Saturdays. Trust me: This point along gives me comfort.

Attention to detail: In addition to fixing my Mass Flow Air sensor problems, Tony also repaired other sensor issues, a reverse light problem, clutch cable adjustment and for good measure detailed the engine compartment. Really!!! All of the mentioned work was done within the same price we originally agreed to.

Knowledge: On a scale of 1 to 10 I give him a 10 for exceptional!!

I will be a repeat client? Absolutely, and bring my other car-toys to Tony---including recommending Tony to my friends.

Finally, the performance of my car after Tony's repairs is incredible. Owning a Ferrari is never cheat but having a Ferrari mechanic who is dedicated to customers is priceless!!!!

Richard from Northern California

13. PMarsek7

PMarsek7 Rookie

Nov 8, 2012
    Full Name:
    Patrick Marsek
    As a former auto restoration shop owner from Chicago, I've learned to look past the glitz and glamor of a repair shop and pay attention to what is truly important -- the knowledge, skill and experience of the technician providing service to my vehicle.

It doesn't really concern me when I see a fancy reception area, a well appointed office, or a huge multi-bay shop, as only one car can receive the attention of the master technician at a time anyway. I'm most concerned with the credentials of the repair technician. This is where I am very impressed with the level of quality and attention to detail that Tony Abdulmassih provides at T & R Auto.

Tony has the mind of an engineer and the hands of a surgeon, and combined, become the brilliance behind his masterful work. When it comes to protecting your investment in a high end, high performance, exotic automobile, nothing can be more important than having the very best mechanic available to maintain its integrity. Tony has risen to the challenge and continues to live up to the reputation that he has earned over the years. T & R Auto has value way beyond its financial savings -- and it begins with a mindset of doing the right thing - providing high quality repairs, each and every time. Not just my opinion, but the sentiment of many exotic car owners I speak with about Tony's service.

Thanks Tony -- the Bay area needs someone like you to transcend the perils of mediocrity.

14. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    Tony performed a fluid and filters service to my 328 GTB. The dusty engine bay from the long drives was cleaned to show condition. Well exceeded my expectation, thanks Tony !

15. jffacey

jffacey Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    Napa, Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Facey
    With all of these great reviews, and Tony being able to do many of them the same day, I think it might be worth a drive to San Francisco for my 360.

16. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    Hi John
    Please check your email

17. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Hi John,

Tony is the best. We are so lucky to have him in the area. There is no one that will take better care of your Fcar or any car for that matter. He is meticulous, fair and conscientious and you will not be disappointed. He is also a Fcar owner and understands the ins and outs of these cars. Cheers, Bob.

18. jffacey

jffacey Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    Napa, Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Facey
    I just dropped of my 360 to Tony for an inspection on a few potential issues. What an awesome guy! Lent me a car to get back home. I feel very confident that I will get an honest, straight forward diagnosis and a reasonable cost to correct them.

19. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
  20. jffacey

jffacey Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    Napa, Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Facey
    I just picked up my 360 spyder from T & R. I purchased the car from out of state and it had some issues when I received it. Being very picky about my cars, I saw this thread and called T & R. Tony took the car in the first day I spoke to him. It took a little while to sort everything out as he did a very through inspection. There were a lot of minor issues that Tony corrected and the car looked brand new when I went to pick it up today. I could not stop smiling all the way back home...even in traffic. Tony also saved me quite a bit of money, repairing some parts and finding another used part. And stated in this thread, what a gentlemen. He answered my annoying questions and sent pictures of the issues as they were discovered.
    I thought the car was fast when I first received it, but now it runs like a Raped Ape! :)Tony is a true asset to the Ferrari community.

21. jffacey

jffacey Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    Napa, Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Facey
    I was driving my 360 earlier in the week and the CEL came on. I called Tony who suggested I bring the car to him which I did today. Immediately upon my arrival, Tony got to work and was able to trouble shoot the cause of the issue and what was causing it. He had the mass air flow sensors in stock and replaced them. The car runs and sounds great. Thanks again for the great service Tony. It was good seeing you again!

22. paulisaduck

paulisaduck Rookie

Dec 14, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Paul Devaney
    #197 paulisaduck, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    T & R ~ 76 Station~Auto Repair~ Foreign and Domestic. Tony, Owner.

Hi ! Ferrari & other exotic car Lovers ♥
    My name is Paul. I'm here visiting friends in San Francisco. I am from Portland, oregon. I'm in my forties
    and lived in Portland all of my life except for school at The University of Oregon and a year in Washington DC.
    Also, a few months in Chicago!
    Anyway, I bought a 1995 Ford Explorer recently. I've had very nice cars before. Audi S4, Porsche 911 sc and 1967 Camaros.
    I don't work right now but I'm looking hard. I quit my job in the steel business where I was a sales manager, Purchasing Manager and Slaes rep for Oregon Steel Mills.
    (Now Evraz Steel) I quit because I wanted to do something that would help others. Charity or fund raising. Oh ya, btw, I'm an alcoholic in recovery for almost 2 years now!
    I am thankful to God above and everywhere for that! One day at a time. :))

I will try to make this as short as I can!!
    My starter was going out, I knew this but couldn't do anything about it because of my financial situation. I'm basically broke!
    I do odd jobs and I can do a lot of things I've learned over my years! I have common sense. Common sense enough to know that my car was going to break down
    sooner or later. It did 2 weeks ago!!

The starter, fuel pump, dead battery and faulty battery cables made it unstartable all at once! I was at a 24 hour Starbucks and luckily, that's where I was!
    I tried for a day and a half to fix the vehicle but I couldn't. It wasn't the fuel pump relay like someone suggested. It was stuck at Starbucks and so was I!
    I didn't have enough to get it even towed anywhere. Basically, I assumed it was a lost cause and gave up mostly.
    All I have is what's in the back of that vehicle and that vehicle! I was losing everything, as far as I knew.

I walked to Tony's 76 station on California & Anguilla. I asked for the owner/mechanic and met Tony. A tall man who was very patient and factual.
    But very nice and made me feel better somehow.Like all wasn't lost or as bad as that! He said I needed to get it here so he could look at it. I told him I'd have to coast it downhill at around 2am in the morning when traffic slowed down a bit.
    That I couldn't afford to have it towed. I also told Tony I was an alcoholic and this whole thing, if I hadn't learned better, would have been a great excuse to
    go back to my old ways and get drunk and forget about the car and basically my life at this point. Tony said, "Paul, you don't have to do that and you shouldn't let it worry you so much."
    He said he wanted to see it and he called a tow truck and it picked me up, we went to get the thing and brought it back.

As far as I knew he was going to look at it, tell me it costs a fortune, to me anyway, and I'd just leave it there and he could have it for scrap! It's a nice rig but not if it doesn't run!
    I left thinking OMG!! What next!! I went back to Starbucks and sat with my new friends for 2 days. :)
    Monday morning and I need to go see how much I can't afford to give Tony the No way answer to; "should we repair it?"

I arrived at his station. It was in one of the bays. I thought, well. this is it. No more transportation. I went inside and he and 2 of the guys who work for him were looking at the battery area.
    I asked if he had an estimate? He said he be out to talk in a few minutes. He mentioned the starter, fuel pump, computer and battery were all shot. Matbe not the computer but a short from the battery cables
    was causing trouble. I glanced at the paperwork as I went outside to sit on his front door porch. I felt sick! I saw $ 731.00 something as I glanced and knew it was just parts alone.
    Well, car's history and what am I going to do now? Tony comes out and sits next to me. On the cement. He says, "Paul, you didn't drink did you." I said no I went and gathered as much Karma as I could by taking photos of people at Union Square's Christmas tree and even the minora. And Sunday I went to lands End park on the coast at the end of Geary St, by bus and did the same thing. Took pics for
    a couple of hours for families and couples. It was fun and I didn't have anything better to do but worry about everything I owned being gone. I also sleepin that car while I'm here and I can because it doesn't get cold here like it does in Portland.

Back to the story. He showed me the "estimate" I think it was an estimate anyway, and shows me the cost for parts first. Then what the labor would be. At his cost, not the price to do repair work for customer's he has a LOT of! It's $731.00 for parts. Fuel pump, starter, new battery, battery cables, removing the gas tank and a bunch of other stuff he had to do. I didn't know if he was saying this is what it costs or this is what it would cost me to do? He tells me this is his cost and he's normally marked on something to make someting for the work to be done. He say "Paul, you're a good man." Merry Christmas. I'm thinking, oh boy!! I only have to come up with the costs!! I'm really thinking no way am I ever going to drive this thing (piece of sh*%$#t) ever again. I say "so, merry christmas I only have to cover the costs?" he says no, I repaired it all, you didn't drink so Merry Christmas!! I jumped up and said NO!! you can't do that. That's too much, I will work for you for a month pumping gas or washing cars or pressure washing your lot. He says no, all he wants me to do is continue to stay sober and know that good things happen to good people sometimes. He says a lot more than that but that's personal and between us. What he said told me he is one of the nicest, most generous, kind and understanding men I have ever met! He doesn't know this, but he may have saved my life! Because I am not yet nor will I ever be immune to drinking alcohol again! Tony had a friend who was an alcoholic whom he found dead in his home from drinking for years. Tony couldn't convince him to stop and no one could tell me to either. It's a choice you ahve to make for yourself. I made that choice almost 2 years ago and Tony made me believe there
    is a God and he helps me out when I need it the most and when I believe and have faith! That's all I have and he's made me stronger than ever now. I love telling people this story because it's Christmas time and
    they all say, it's the human spirit that comes out and makes us best this tiime of year and good people are good people all year round. Tony is good people!!

Tony has a wife, 4 daughters and people he employs. They all depend on him and I can't think of a better person than Tony for them and God only knows, why I went to a business with Ferrari's, bentley's, BMW's, Mercedes, & Maseratti's parked on the lot to be repaired. I was thinking this could be a "Funniest Video>!!" He even told me when I said it was just a Ford, that he works on all cars. No worries!
    I'm thinking God's playing a joke on me putting this shop within walking distance. So close but so FAR away! Well, there's more to say, but I've said a lot!
    Tony is a very great Mechanic and engineer from a very very good east coast school (University) He's not your typical anything! He's an amazing man! His girls, all 5 of them must be as proud of him as he is of them!
    They are all beautiful and insanely intelligent women. I just know they are because, with his humble way, Tony told me about them! They are all winners and very lucky to have a father like him! ♥

This is a true story so help me God! I was born and raised one of 8 children. We are Irish~Catholics. My Father was a fireman in Portland for 30 years and the last to die in the Line od Duty there. Thank God. I was 13 years old.My mother died when I was 22 of cancer. They were awesome and I miss them everyday! They were good people too. I'm 7th of 8 and my younger brother Dan played at The University of Oregon on
    scholarship. Started all 4 years and I attended the U of O also, with him. Go Ducks and Thank you Tony!! If you have any questions my e-mail is [email protected]

Hallelujah!!
    Best Always,
    Paul

23. paulisaduck

paulisaduck Rookie

Dec 14, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Paul Devaney
    I started the Ford right up and almost was surprised!! I was use to have to play around with the shifter to get it started! And when I start it and I know I'm on empty (Gasoline) The tank is full! I said, "Tony, you put gas in too?" He says. Just a little with a smile :)
    Go see Tony. Don't expect a free repair. Just a fair, honest man doing his job and running his business. A VERY GOOD MAN!!
    You'll know it when you meet him. I did!

24. jffacey

jffacey Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    Napa, Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Facey
    WOW!!! What an awesome story. However it does not surprise me as Tony is truly a gentlemen not to mention one of the best mechanics in CA! It does not take much to remind us how blessed we are!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all FCHATTERS. :)

25. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.

Thank you.