MARANELLO CONCESSIONAIRES | Page 3 | FerrariChat

MARANELLO CONCESSIONAIRES

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by PAUL BABER, Sep 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
  2. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
  3. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
  4. Playframe King

Playframe King Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2010
    UK
    I havent forgotten you - the extra photos are sitting here waiting for scanning when I can find some time - sorry for the delay..

5. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    No worries, and no hurry. I think everyone will enjoy seeing them when you get around to posting them up.

Thanks,

CW

6. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    And the number is 0236

7. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Lovely to see those original pics !!! Must have been so much fun.....

8. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    It was a privilege to work there.........As I was told each time I begged for a pay rise.......

9. kimbo 308

kimbo 308 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 11, 2012
    Hi Paul,

As I understand it Maranello had the "rights" for other RHD markets at the time such as Australia and Hong Kong etc.

I own a 1984 Australian deliver 308 GTS QV(rhd obviously).Did these cars ship out to the "Colonies" from Maranello UK or Italy directly at the time and does your RHD figure of 233 308 GTS QV's include other RHD markets or just UK delivered cars!

Cheers,

Kim

10. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    All 206 GT left the factory as LHD.
    #00354 is in Germany since 1993, you must have sold it directly to the German owner...
    #00380 is in Germany too, since 1995, it still has the 246 engine fitted, but the original 206 block got lost, apparenty stayed in GB....

More detailed information about Ferrari Dino V6 street cars can be found in the Dino Compendium.
    http://www.dino-book.com/en/home/

Regards Matthias

11. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Usually the figure quoted by Ferrari UK is just for the RHD UK supplied cars, RHD cars supplied to other countries are not included e.g. 158 RHD Daytona where made, is often quoted as this is the figure put out by Ferrari UK, and people don't realize that this is only for the UK market. I think there are around 200 ish RHD Daytona's with the other countries included.

So i would think, the cars that went to other countries, where normally shipped directly, as if not, they would show up as a UK supplied car, but I am sure Paul will put me right, if not correct.

12. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Maranello had the rights for all RHD markets, buyers here placed an order on Maranello Concessionaires, who passed it to the UK. The majority of Daytonas came to Aus via the UK, I'm not certain when this system ended, but I'm guessing 1976 when we acquired unique exhaust emission rules. We had about 25 locally delivered cars but with personal imports since, I would guess close to 40 here now, including 5 converted spyders, of which 3 are Autokraft, 1 Straman and 1 done here by a local restorer/collector.

Daytonaregistry.com talks about 179 RHD cars, including the 7 original spyders.

13. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Not so........ALL RHD markets barring....... South Africa....... due to the political climate at the time. Sean Bealey who later became Deputy Chairman of Maranello was sent out to Australia and HK to set up the dealership network etc in about 1966. I stand to be corrected here as this is from memory but the Far East / Australia network was run from HK.

All cars definitely came direct from the factory from about 1966/67. Obviously there was no point trucking them from Italy to the UK and then shipping to Australia.

14. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    I sold 0354 in 1992 and DEFINITELY to Paris.........perhapshe sold on to Germany ??

0380 was DEFINITELY sold to Belgium but I think the guy was a dealer so again perhaps he sold to Germany ?? He took the 2.0 engine with him on the truck so I have no idea what happened to it.

15. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Maranello Concessionaires were still importing cars to Australia up to about 1990.

Jonathan

16. MGJ

MGJ Rookie

Mar 3, 2015
    Hi Bill, I purchased the car from a Ferrari dealer in Kent 18 months ago, waited nearly a year for them to do some work to it and paint, think they slowed up because the value was rising, got some history with the car but looking for any copies of history for the car than any previous owner may have
    regards Mike

17. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Chassis number ?

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East