Ferrari Of Tampa Bay Service Anyone? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Of Tampa Bay Service Anyone?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Scaledetails, Sep 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Has anyone used Ferrari Of Tampa Bay service?
    I had the unfortunate luck of breaking down near them. So far it has been a nightmare. If anyone has had any experience with them, please tell me they are just having a very bad month or are they really that bad?

2. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I have owned 3 ferraris including my current 458. I never heard anything bad about that dealer. I did hear good things but that was a few years ago.

There is one private shop down there that I knew one of the two owners and he was not a man to trust. He is dead I was told so who knows if it is good or bad place to go now.

I can tell you the orlando dealer is wonderful. I take all my Ferraris to thrm and have always been happy. I even took my Mosler and they were able to fix it while others could not.

Good luck

Lee

3. Highlow

Highlow F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2006
    Sac
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Anthony, the parts and service guy, has always been a pleasure to talk to. What has your experience been so far?

4. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    tyler I am not sure who you are asking. The only Anthony I know is a salesman in Orlando Ferrari.

Orlando Ferrari, Rocky is the service writer and is polite. The parts person I do not remember his name but he was able to help me as needed. If you want your car taken up there instead of where you are Rocky is your contact.

Yhe main person is Bruce who is their lead Ferrari mechanic. He is certified so he can rebuild a Ferrari engine and it is stamped or treated as if it was done in Italy by Ferrari. That is a big deal! I have been happy with the other service people in work in the dealership also.

They have always been good to me and my Fcar owner buddies.

I recomend them without hestitation!

Lee

5. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    I'm generally quite happy with them. Like most F dealers you pay a premium and at times it takes them a while to get things done, but given that they are the only authorized dealer on Floridas west coast and generally quite busy this is understandable.
    Anthony Genellaro is the service advisor and I've only had good luck with him

6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Me too... great guy and always works to get things solved.

7. donho

donho Karting

Oct 11, 2006
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I had my first experience with them this past summer, and although the bill was a doozy the service was first rate.

8. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks for the replies. I understand they are fairly new and being an only Ferrari dealer/service it is not going to be that easy to maintain a steady flow of business in my opinion so I feel that customer service is going to be key for them. Word of mouth advertizing won't hurt either.
    I won't disclose my problems yet as I haven't picked up the car but one thing that got me is when they told me to pick up the car last Saturday, I was told the wrong part was sent only minutes from my arrival. Needless to say the 800 miles round trip wasn't fun with the angry wife.
    I have had world class service thus far with Penske Wynn and Ferrari Of Atlanta, I just expected the same with FTB. This is my 26th Ferrari so I am not a first timer :)

9. jkearns

jkearns Karting

Apr 23, 2010
    Florida
    I have had nothing but great Service. Anthony in service is always willing to help. They basically rebuilt my 328 and I bought a 360 from them and have nothing but good things to say on how they have treated me. They do give the FCOA 10% discount

10. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Ouch.....that doesn't sound like a fun way to spend a Saturday. Sorry for your troubles and while this sort of thing shouldn't happen, unfortunately sometimes it does. Fortunately my experience with them has been very good.
    If you need some "local help" - before you make the trip again, feel free to PM me.

11. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    The sales and management seems to change periodically but the mechanics are first rate. I would trust my Enzo work to them.

aehaas

12. brm

brm Karting

Apr 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Bruce R. Morehead
  13. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
  14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #14 Scaledetails, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. This is the reason why I always refer to this forum for help.
    In my case, I had the very fortunate luck of meeting Onofrio the owner of FTB who understands our passion, and without him I would still be waiting for my car to be ready. I am still having a hard time swallowing the fact that their "head" mechanic let the car go with a serious malfunction for a 400 mile trip back. Needless to say the owner stepped in and saved the day but it should have been avoided. I had thoughts of speed dialing my attorney while waiting for my car one last time.

Will I use FTB again? Absolutely if I know Onofrio will stay on top of his staff the entire time my car is there, otherwise they will never see any of my Ferraris again.
    As for Anthony who seems very young and inexperienced, I am still baffled at his quote of $589 for an oil change and $300 for a set of washers. This will also stick with me for a while.
    I should add that Andrew Allwein who is the Director of Operations is a tremendous asset to the franchise and Onofrio is simply world class. Ferrari should be proud.
    Again, thanks for all the help and PM's, I learned a lot these past few weeks.

15. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    mixed bag of experiences
    I would go to F of CF

16. fmaderi

fmaderi Formula Junior

May 8, 2005
    clearwater Fla/NY
    Full Name:
    frank maderi
    thanks Bruce ,
    Just back from italy.. worked with engineers at Leonardo factory and visted friends at tony auto in maranello. FACTORY tour was great . I was told by someone very high up at FTB oh you cant get in. the guy is a BSA . while we were in the F1 section they brought in a Alonso car just shipped back from Thursdays Monza testing. They covered that car so quick... and stood there with their arms crossed till we left. It is worth staying in Maran ello and Modena a week . Dont forget to go to the weekly street venders. Its llike a farmers market here in the states. Hotel Domus has best breakfast. Hotel daily planet best rooms . Fresco ! I'M miss it already ! FORZA...

17. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    Love your Avatar! Congrats, beautiful; regards e

18. exotic.33.cars

exotic.33.cars Karting

Jul 10, 2010
    I used to work in the service department at FoTB, a lot has changed since I have left. I am going to be starting my own exotic and luxury exclusive shop in the Tampa Bay area soon, if anyone has questions please feel free to PM me.

Josh

19. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Stephane, don't you have any independent Ferrari mechanics anywhere closer?

20. Chris G

Chris G Rookie

Feb 15, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Chris Grosser
    This dealer is right in my back yard. :) Glad to see so many familiar faces around here. Hope your car is taken care of and fixed properly!

21. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I do (Karl Troy), but I broke down in Tampa, so I gave them a try.