7 character personalized license plates ?? | FerrariChat

7 character personalized license plates ??

Discussion in 'Texas' started by AMA328, Oct 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    Just saw a blurb on local TV about 7 character plates becoming available at myplates.com, starting Oct. 8th.

So, of course I submitted 'Ferrari' to see if it was available...and, or course, it was NOT.

Been a while since I messed w/personalized plates, but I thought 6 characters was the max available. If so, and if this is the first time 7 character plates are available, does anyone know why 'Ferrari' is already gone? Someone somehow get it in the past? State of Texas pulling some well-known, obvious character combinations? Or, did Perry peddle it out the back door to one of his cronies?

2. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
  3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I think someone spotted that plate recently, there's a photo posted of it somewhere on this site.

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
  5. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    They auctioned off the plate "Ferrari" at the Cowboys stadium a few months back, tbh I think they sold it for alot!

6. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    7 characters was announced in 2010 when I purchased my PLP. I am unsure if they took pre-sale request though but it was tough enough to find one that was not taken and that I liked and got my point across. I renewed mine just yesterday to the tune of $220, costly but I never had a PLP.

7. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    Ok, thx for the info and quick updates. Haven't been following this license plate stuff at all, but as mentioned, saw the blurb on TV about plates.

Interesting that 'FERRARI' > 'COWBOYS', $$$-wise, in the license plate auction. Dunno if/what that means, but just having finished watching the 'alleged' football game between Jerry's Boys and Chicago tonight on Monday Night Football, maybe the shine is off the Cowboys a bit these days...

Jerry's trying to recreate the luster from the mid-90s, but it just ain't working...could be he's his own worst enemy. I doubt I'm the first to notice that little tidbit, either. Romo strikes me as the real deal, and the defense(and defensive coach) look great, but it just ain't comin' together.

Enuf of that, this ain't a sports post.

Thanks again for the info...

8. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I used http://www.myplates.com/ for mine if that helps? Also you will get a discount depending on how much time you have left on your current registration. The tax office in the courthouse just called me over the PA and I paid $3 but paid full price for my next registration.

9. Swancoat

Swancoat Karting

Jul 26, 2007
    Houston
    On a related note, I've noticed that there seems to be a new standard Texas plate, and in my view it is fantastic. SUPER simple black and white. Looks non-descript. I must have missed it by days when I registered my 355 and got stuck with that blue/reddish abomination.

Halfway considering getting a personalized plate just to get rid of that old standard plate I have, but I might just get something from myplates and be done with it. I have the black/white star plate on one car and it's pretty cool.

10. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've noticed it as well. But, I have to admit that I like the red/blue one with the design better. The new one is just plain, and I really don't care for it.

11. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #11 texasmr2, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I also prefer the red/blue combo. I just re-registered for the princely sum of $220 but it is worth it to me, not 7 letters but definitely better looking imho than the black/white combo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I used to have TAZE ME on my Tundra.....trying to figure out what I want on my Jeep now.

13. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    How about 'CUFnSTF'? The real difficulty is finding one that has not already been taken. I assumed my plate would tell drivers, tailgaters etc etc either this guy is a cop, an attorney and probably has a gun but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :D

Chad if you want a custom 7 character plate I suggest you think of it now and place your order immediately on the 8th, say at 12:00:01am (I doubt they are accepting pre-orders but could be wrong).

14. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Yeah, they're not taking preorders...but I'll be online Monday morning.....was thinking "NO DONUT"

15. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    DAMMIT....lol...No Donut is taken.....lol...but I found another one for my jeep.....not saying it until I get it ordered Monday...lol

16. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    *waits for them to allow 8 characters*

17. Systo

Systo Karting

Feb 15, 2007
    Plano
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Just in case anyone is curious...
    Lambo is on what looked like a completely bone stock C5 Corvette.
    I found D BAG on a Porsche Cayman.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/SysT3n/****.jpg

The new Texas plate looks too out of place on modern cars, it deserves to be on "antiques".

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #18 BigTex, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When Myplates took over TxDot production they had a big PR auction and a lot of popular ones were presold....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I like it! Is it on one of the 308's are your DD?

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It was thousands of dollars, the sale was in Dallas, where they HAVE that kind of ^&*%*&% off money!!!

You know I have ONE set of plates, for all three cars....:D :D :D

SHHHHHHH!
    I know you guys can keep a secret!

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    All the utility trailers in my company's lay down yard say "BigTex" however....:D :D :D

22. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q[/ame]