Selling my Bburago collection.... | FerrariChat

Selling my Bburago collection....

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by navygakman, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    #1 navygakman, Nov 13, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When I went to the Ferrari factory a few years back, I drove around the town of Maranello and picked up these 1:18 Ferraris. I was going to build myself a coffee table - a scaled architectural model of a "dream garage" with a glass roof that would function as the top of the coffee table. But my life got complicated (eh...like, a son?) and that project had never materialized and not likely to in the near future. I have been lugging this box of toy cars around from one storage box to another where, sadly, they live like garage queens, what a waste. So I have decided to sell them and let someone else have the fun.

Here are the pictures and more descriptions (broadband recommended, lots of pictures):
    http://www.happyisgood.com/bburago/

All models now on eBay: http://snurl.com/2e6d

Perhaps a certain model is missing from your collection??

Sorry for the shameless plug...
    Stewart
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I realize this sounds snobby, but you go to Maranello and this is all you come up with?
    :)

Sorry, but these are run of the mills cars you can mail order from Speedgear or Exoticar. The shops in Maranello hold true diamonds you don't find anywhere on this planet and I got some there. Once my luggage reached capacity I stopped.

Anyway, good luck on your sale.

3. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    Good point! And you are right most of these are not rare. When I was shopping for these I was not a "collector" (not then, not now either....), nor did I think I would ever re-sell these (that's why I didn't think twice about throwing away the boxes). I was just thinking about what cars I want parked in my "fantasy" model garage, like if they are real, like if I am "rich"...

On the shopping part, in addition to these Bburagos, I went around the tire shops in Maranello and found myself a set of genuine used QV wheels, and had them shipped to the U.S. for less than US$1,000. Now that was a find!

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Didn't mean to beat up on you. And believe me if these would be collector's cars (like the Breadvan, the 125, the Drago) I'd be the first to offer you $$ for them. As it stands I have everyone of them already.

Glad to hear you did find a rare item in Marenello. It'd be a shame to come back from that holy place with a few Mattel models...

(I know these are Buragos, but still)

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The two GTOs, the 348 and the F40 race edition are the only ones i don't have and would want... The 550GT would be nice and so would the car in the front, all the way to the right, seeing as i don't have that one, either...

Andreas, how much are 1:18 Breadvans going for these days...?

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    All the way to the right is a 250 LM.

A 1/18 Breadvan is about $ 200. *IF* you can find one.

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's a 250 LM...? LOL, i already have one... The one in the picture looks different... Hmmm...

$200 for a Breadvan, IF i can find one...? Damn...

8. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    I remember when I was in Maranello, I saw a lot of the more rare models like the older Ferraris or even a TDF, but since I was not in a "collecting mode", I passed on those. What a dumb ass.

BTW, looking at the picture, have you ever seen so many red Ferraris parked together and squeezed in so tight? Door dings not an issue here with my "fantasy parking lot". :)

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Shopping in Maranello can be brutally frustrating if you don't have enough credit and/or room in your luggage. OTOH it gives you plenty of excuses to return. And I will someday. With an empty suitcase and a platinum card.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    During the first Indy F1 I noticed a 312PB at 1:18 I'd never seen.
    The guy on 16th St. was asking almost $200.

I guy saw me fondling it lustfully and whispered "They are at the Shell station for $29!"

Sure enough, Shell had that one and about three or four others as well as some 1/43 that were really unique. Three or four stations later I had them all.

You're about the luggage space though. Had to check another box thru on the plane coming home.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Reminds me of a trip to France where I found a Formula One pit sign in a specialty shop. After a day of wrestling with myself I gave in and bought it. But couldn't fit it into the suitcase. So I asked the hotel reception for a hacksaw. They brough me one and I cut the piece in half.

12. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Navygakman,

"Will ship to United States only"

Come on - what about your Canadian pals? :)

13. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    Sure. For my pals on the Chat and the List. It is worth the trouble.

I learned the hard way though shipping something to Indonesia a couple years back (did I say I was a dumb ass??)

14. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Navygakman - I appreciate it. Canada is definitely easier than Indonesia :)

Now, I am particularly interested in the Brummel F40, however, DES expressed an interest in it first, and being an honourable type, I don't want to bid against him.

So DES, are you going for the Brummel F40? If not, I'm in. Let me know -thanks.

Joe

15. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    The idea of eBay is that you bid against one another and totally lose sight of what the stupid thing is worth. Hey guys!! Get with the spirit and make the seller rich!! ;)

16. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That is a very good point navy, and being a full-tilt capitalist, I'm all for it, but.....seeing DES jammed into that Breadvan has convinced me that he's about 6'7" and nasty, so I'd rather not piss him off. He's even got some scary tattoos :)

17. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ok navy, I got clearance from The Man so I'm in. Let the bidding war commence.

18. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    LOL DES - in the breadvan, you look like King Kong Bundy! (no offence :))

19. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    I was going to sell the collection as a "lot" but Dave Handa says people may already have some of the cars so they are being sold separately.

On eBay: click here: http://snurl.com/2e6d

20. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    #20 navygakman, Nov 15, 2003
  21. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    #21 navygakman, Nov 15, 2003
  22. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    #22 navygakman, Nov 15, 2003
  23. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    #23 navygakman, Nov 15, 2003
  24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Joe V - LMAO...!!! i'm 5'11" and a ***** cat... Meow... (Okay, that bordered on kinky)... In any case, like i said earlier, please take pictures if and when you're acquisition is completed... :)

25. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    How much ?
    You are selling all collection or one by one ?? .....
    Thanks !!