New 1:64 Hotwheels, F430 Spider and 512M | Page 229 | FerrariChat

New 1:64 Hotwheels, F430 Spider and 512M

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by FarmerDave, Mar 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Saweet! Is that sold in hidden packaging (black cover)?

-F

2. XCESS

XCESS Karting

Dec 22, 2007
    Sydney/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Scott
    No sold in normal packaging, but there is no reference on the packaging that it is a super treasure hunt.

Unfortunately the box had been crushed in the shop, hence the reason why I've opened it.

3. Hawaiian35

Hawaiian35 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Today I checked the pegs at Toys R' Us and found just one BMW GT2 in plain white, no tampos, and no M sticker. I didn't know this 1:64 exist.

4. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    #5704 Scott85, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Great Googly Moogly... I gotta have that!

6. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Wow! Just had a flashback to 1987! Must get!

7. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1

8. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Found a super 599xx YAY

9. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Just got the new Hot Wheels Bentley Continental Supersports, and am disappointed to see that it is just the Matchbox Bentley Continental GT slightly changed... another casting swap between the makers.

11. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Hit the K-Days this morning and was excited to find a super hunt Charger in the box I had picked. Found out I was the only one of the group that got one. Also got 2 of the regular hunt Chevelle's, the orange/black Estoque, silver Superleggera, black 458 Spider, yellow 458 Spider, red Porsche Boxter Spyder, green ZL1 Camaro, and a few of the Mars Rovers. The first I've done with hotwheels in awhile since all the stores here are about 6-8 waves behind and haven't updated in about a month

12. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Good for you Chad. My last Hotwheels I found was the white Bentley SuperSports. I stopped and gave up for now because all stores here are sort of dry.

13. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Awesome! I have yet to even see the red Lil Red Express truck, K.I.T.T, and a number of other cars. I've been getting one or 2 random new cars here and there but its mostly blind luck

14. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Now I have to go and hunt for the black and yellow 458 spider.

15. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    FWIW, Target (at least the one near me) has the single packs on sale for < $1 and the 5 packs are < $5.

I almost bought the '13 Viper tonight but I don't like the black & white stripe across the top.

The Matchbox '80s retro BMW M1 is pretty sharp but at $2.49 it's too pricey for me.

16. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Matte White Aventador, on the HW Showroom card, a super sweet '67 Olds 442 in the HW Muscle Mania series, black 458 Spyder, red Aussie Ford Falcon XBGT and Matchbox's Exige in a nice red with gold rims on black wheels are today's finds...

17. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Hey all! I've been out of the forum for a long while now, but I figured I would return.
    Somewhere I have got to find that Vector!
    I was unable to make the event, but went the next day and found only 2 of the Superleggera and 1 of the Orange Estoque. Now I must locate the Black 458 Spider!
    Hit me up if you are not able to find these. I should have a couple of the Lil Red Truck, and I know I have 5 or 6 K.I.T.T.
    Found 1 last week.

I have pretty much gone back to maybe looking once a week for any HWs.
    A couple weeks back I hit the Wallys up the street and waited for the Night Stocker to open the Dump Ben. Picked up several of the '92 Mustang Hunts, a few Red Angry Birds, and a few Scooby Doo Mystery Machines. Gave 1 Scooby Doo and Angry Bird to my Niece. She loves Scooby Doo. I'll still need to find some time getting my collection organized and photo'd. It may be a while.

18. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Stopped in at Target yesterday and picked up the Green '65 Chevy Malibu T-Hunt and the Green Angry Bird for my Niece. Then picked up the Black 458 Spider at Wal-Mart last night.

Now, is it me, or is the cardboard a cheaper quality than it used to be?

19. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Haven't found anything new but figured I'd ask if anyone else has seen the shenannigans hotwheels has been doing. The new secret hunts without the green side, the "imagination series" cars with the green side that look like they should be a hunt but AREN'T... Should be an interesting 2013 hunting year

20. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    I heard about this from another collector. Makes it better for those out there that never find a Hunt on the pegs, and hopefully keeps the workers from finding them.

21. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #5721 4re Nut, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Yeah since the Walmart near me I know for sure gets picked by the stockers. Saw 3 large cases on a pallet that were opened and all the cars were in the exact places they were packed in aside from the holes where hunts and special cars were. I know how the hardcore collectors are and they wouldn't take the time to pick the cars out, they'd just grab and go :\

23. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    I just rescued some from a thrift store. One I found was an Aqua Redline Lotus Turbine.

24. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    It has been pretty boring lately of what Hotwheels 1:64 offerings I see on the pegs nowadays. I get bored seeing the same model car being offered in skittle color combination. For example: their Aventador started with the orange I got so excited and could not wait to have it. Then the silver came out. Now the white will be out. What's next? Maybe yellow? Green? Blue? Black?

There are so much more models they can offer such as ( MP4-12C, Huayra, Sesto Elemento, Grand Sport Vitesse, V12 Vantage, R8GT, ) did they even make a 1:64 Mercedes SLS? SL65 Black? How about the new F12 Berlinetta Ferrari. I'm tired seeing 599's and 458's variations. Maybe make a Zonda R, or make the 2013 Acura NSX.

It would be so interesting if they can make a 1:64 Lexus LFA, a Porsche 918 spyder or Coupe, Aventador J would be cool to have. Or normal sports cars like the Subaru BR-Z, Scion FR-S, and so much more cars.

The last 1:64 model cars I bought that really excites me was the Bentley Super Sport in white and the hard to find W8 Vector Twin Turbo in red under Hotwheels Boulevard. I am just bored and hoping I can get the spark back in my hunting for special cars such as mentioned above! I hope 2013 will be a good year for hunting some of these!

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Not much Ferrari content, around here lately....