Barn find Bizzarrini | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Barn find Bizzarrini

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Claus248, Sep 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carvad

carvad Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Vadim Dobrovolskyi
  2. biz5300

biz5300 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    n h
    I can give you more on that but the Mantas chassis is pure p538..
    Never actually raced at le mans, or broke down very quickly..

Nik

3. BLT2DRIVE

BLT2DRIVE Karting

Nov 3, 2008
    Holmby Hills,Calif.
    Full Name:
    Todd Varble
  4. AlfettaGTV

AlfettaGTV Karting

Nov 6, 2007
    A Coruna, Spain
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Seco
  5. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    #755 Ed Niles, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jeez, what a long thread! I don't have time to plow through it all, so forgive me if this is a repost. Does anyone know what happened to 210/214, the car made from the two Sebring wrecks? I owned this car briefly, and greatly regret selling it. I heard from someone that it is "lost", which in this day of barn finds seems odd.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Ed,

Yes the car is still lost, last seen on a car lot in Hollywood. It has a distinctive nose after the rebuild, so it would have shown up quickly in old pictures.

I suspect that it was purchased and crashed, then stored. Now sitting in some garage in Hollywood Hills....waiting to be found.

7. MRG22

MRG22 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike Gulett
    There was a seller in Europe claiming he had 214 but Bizzarrini experts do not believe it.

I agree with Velocetwo.

8. detomasomangusta

Jan 25, 2013
    Hello Mr.Sonnery,I just read this very long thread about Bizzas,just to inform You,that this golden Strada from Eiger sanction that came over Waterman MCgallery is since more than 25 years here in Germany,I even have contact to the first owner,car has 51000 kilometers original.I did not know it was parked in that film scene,so I appreciate Your info,best regards,Franz.

9. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Mr. Niles, off topic but what can you tell "us" about "Sams-U Drive".

Any good stories??

Ciao and best.

~Trev

10. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Could it be 303 your thinking of this car was sold through Waterman too, fits your description.

11. detomasomangusta

Jan 25, 2013
    Its 295,is now bluemetallic,was originally goldmetallic.Is cosmetically restored,but all original bodywise(alloy car,DeDion rear),has Campagnolo brakes.One rear caliper was missing,so I would appreciate any info to get one.Alo the front lamp covers are blind and one has a crack,is there something new available?Otherwise I will have them made.Have pics of the car in young days from first owner.

12. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    #762 RHS, Jan 30, 2013
    Hi,

You mention that this car (the Iranian Bizzarini) is well known in Bizzarrini circles, however, does anybody know the actual history, ie delivery ? ordering ? etc.

It is well known that the car languished in a warehouse behind the museum for nearly three decades. In May 2009, a group of volunteers from the Classic Car Commitee of the Iranian Motorcycle and Automobile Federation banded together and cleaned up this car and 11 other cars and four motorbikes on a volunteer basis, and today it is, and remains on permanent display. An honorable mention must be made that the status of many of the cars improved greatly when a new curator, Mr. Hosseini took over at the museum in 2008.

On our side, we know the car is definately Ex-Shah as it has a small plaque riveted in the frame with a number and "Imperial Garage". We have seen a similar plaque in at least one 1960's ex-Shah Rolls Royce.

Local lore says it was used by his daughter Shahnaz, but this is just hearsay. Any ideas ? We have been trying our best to document the cars remaining in Iran, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The picture attached is of the car the day it was put on public display in a special event at the museum on May 18, 2009.

Thank you in advance for any feed back,

Regards,

Ramin

13. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Is there a VIN plate in the engine compartment?

14. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    PM me and I will give you a contact to solve this

15. Jack KdH

Jack KdH Rookie

Oct 7, 2005
    Francis I can tell you that the manager of the museum told me that it is IA3*0250.
    Ciao,
    Jack

16. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Thank you very much, Jack.

17. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

I did not see one. Frankly I was so surprised to see the Imperial Parking badge as we finally got some idea of ownership, so to be honest, I was not really looking.

The no. 250 however is the same as I was told by the curator, and verified by Borzou Seppasi, who is our leading automotive historian and who is working to document the cars in the museum.

Warmest Regards,

Ramin

18. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

Just tried to send you a PM, but it said its not possible. Is there a bug in the system ?

Regards,

Ramin

19. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    It should be on the shock tower right side.

20. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    I would replace the Campagnolo's with Girling or Dunlop. Campagnolo's of that age are very difficult to find and not easy to repair due to the poor castings. Have you ever checked the back of the upholstery panels for grease pen markings?

Would love to see a picture.

21. pascal2012

pascal2012 Karting
    BANNED

Nov 28, 2012
    #771 pascal2012, Feb 4, 2013
  22. Jack KdH

Jack KdH Rookie

Oct 7, 2005
    #772 Jack KdH, Feb 4, 2013
    Franz,
    Would love to see your period photos.
    Is this the car you mean?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jack

23. detomasomangusta

Jan 25, 2013
    Thanks for input.Campis are made of magnesium alloy which suffers from intercristalline corrosion and thus tends to break,so Your idea is correct,but I just want to have my original set of brakes completed in box,not mounted on the Stradale for security reasons.Pictures will follow.

24. detomasomangusta

Jan 25, 2013
    Hello Jack,this is the one in the Dolomites,I have some more pics of that trip from previous owner,will have to scan them.Looking for front light covers.Best,Franz.

25. detomasomangusta

Jan 25, 2013
    #775 detomasomangusta, Feb 5, 2013
    Jack,just one picture of its winter sleep.