fuel sender on Mondial 8 | FerrariChat

fuel sender on Mondial 8

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by pmorin, Jul 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pmorin

pmorin Karting

May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
    Hello,

Has anybody ever removed the fuel sender from a Mondial 8 tank without removing the tank?

Mine has gone dead and needs to be replaced.

Thanks,
    Patrick

2. miketarrant

miketarrant Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    I have just removed my right hand tank and I dont think it would be possible to replace the sender with the tank still in place. I have posted the steps for the tank removal in the 308/328/Mondial forum

3. miketarrant

miketarrant Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    #3 miketarrant, Apr 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Had a rethink. You have nothing to loose by trying to remove the sender with the tank in place. You will still need to remove the tank heat shield, lower tank guard, righty hand water pipe and the fuel line to gain acess to the sender locking ring. You will need to make a spanner as per the attached diagram. I think that removing the lock ring will be reasonably straight forward. The dificulity will be removing the sender unit itself in the confined space available.

I have also attached the exploded veiw of the tank to give you an idea of where and how the sender is attached.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. pmorin

pmorin Karting

May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
    Thanks for the help. Hope to be able to give it a try soon.

Patrick

5. Consejero

Consejero Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    James R. Consejero
    Its possible but you'll have to drain the coolant, disconnect the pipe and swing it out of the way along with the fuel tank strap.
    I just did mine, if you need info please let me know. It was a nightmare. After it was out I found out nobody carries a new one. Please source out a new one before you remove. Email me if you get stuck and I will tell you how to rebuild your old one.

6. Consejero

Consejero Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    James R. Consejero
    And you'll need to manufacture the tool you'll need to remove the locking ring, I still have my locking ring out if you need the measurements.

7. Consejero

Consejero Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    James R. Consejero
    My engine is out so it was easy for me but after looking at the setup, I think dropping the right tank about 4" would do the trick and its a lot easier than draining all the coolant. Also note that unless you disconnect the left tank hose you'll likely need to drop both tanks a bit but not all the way.