Long term storage facilities | FerrariChat

Long term storage facilities

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ShanB, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Hey guys. Just found out I'll be moving to Europe in July '05 for at least two years before returning to San Antonio. I have a while before the move, but I'm thinking about long term storage options for the 348. Anybody have any recommendations for auto storage in south central Texas? (Austin, San Antonio, Houston areas). I'm sure someone has done this before. Thanks,

Shan

2. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    um... I have an extra bay in my garage. Could keep it excersized on the weekends for ya... hell, I wouldn't even charge ya for it.

3. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

Ha, beat me to it!

As far as storage, if you plan to have it stored and when of those common self-storage facilities you might want to make sure if they will cover the car incase something happens to it. Although, some places wont allow you to store a car.

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Ferrari of Dallas has a long-term storage area upstairs in thier facility.
    It's a funny half-story tall, but it very secure and has serious fire protection. I don't know the costs, but you might want to buzz them.

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    That seems like the best way to go, i wonder if they drain all fluids, remove the battery, cover the car, place the car on jackstands so the tires don't flat spot, etc....