Zagato ferrari guru | FerrariChat

Zagato ferrari guru

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 250GTTDFZagatoCoupe, Nov 4, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 250GTTDFZagatoCoupe

Nov 4, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Josh Richter
    Can anyone tell me who the foremost Zagato Ferrari historian is? Is it also Massini? I know he's the Vignale guy...Also, Can anyone recommend any books or publications that specifically cover all things Zagato Ferrari? Im obsessed and want more info!!
    Thanks!!

Josh

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    This is the book that you're looking for:

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    http://www.amazon.com/Ferrari-Zagato-Michele-Marchiano/dp/8879110039/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352057102&sr=8-1&keywords=ferrari+by+zagato

By the way, Marcel is an excellent resource on all things Ferrari (not just Vignale), especially early custom coachbuilt cars. If your budget allows, I highly recommend this book by Marcel Massini and Angelo Tito Anselmi which includes the Zagato road cars of the 1950s and 1960s:

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    http://www.abebooks.com/Making-Difference-Coachbuilt-Road-going-Ferraris-Fifties/6370547081/bd

3. 250GTTDFZagatoCoupe

Nov 4, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Josh Richter
    Thanks a ton. Man do I love this forum. You guys are awesome. On my way to hopefully being able to help others in the future!!

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    No problem, Josh. Glad to see someone else has been bitten by the bug. I've spent decades obsessing over that which I cannot have and I've always been more than happy to share that joyous misery with newcomers.:)