550 delivered | FerrariChat

550 delivered

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Bahaba0, Nov 5, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bahaba0

Bahaba0 Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    David Stone
    The 2000 550 that we bought fromCont5inental Auto Sports was delivered Sunday morning. $1250 from Chicago to Miami, took 7 days. There are few automotive thrills like the first time your car rolls off the transporter and you get in and take her for the first drive at you home. I put aboiut 100 miles on her since yesterday and she really is everything I thought she would be. The Tubi exhaust on the V12 is a symphony throughout the rev range. I just can't get over what a joy this car is to drive and I am really amazed at how easy she is to drive. There is absolutely no hesitancy in pulling from5th or 6th at 1500 rpms or less. The steering is very precise and light even at slow speeds; clutch effort is moderate- easier than my old 250 GT PF, about the same as the 330GT and 330GTC but engages quicker. The suspension is a bit hard, harder than the 330 series, but car corners great with very little body roll. I have not yet tried the Sport setting. The Daytona seats are comfortable, though the rib running the length of the insert at dead center took some getting used to. The steering is adjustable and easily set for comfort and all instruments are clearly visible and easy to read. Years ago, a great old-time Ferrari mechanic advised me to put a dab of baby powder in the gated shifter and around the windows so they slide easier. Though I do clank a bit as I go through the gears, the touch of baby powder reduced the slight clanking of my as of yet imperfect shifting. All was not perfect however, as at about 8PM last night the Ferrari gremlins made their appearance and the dash lights went out while on the highway. This lasted about 15 minutes when they suddenly flickered and came back on with no problems since. Loose wire? Bad connection? Ex-wife? Who knows but the problem at least for now seems to have resolved. Oh, the standard factory radio is pretty bad but with the Tubi who cares. My kids unanimous Florida plate choice was F550V12 so unless taken that will be it.
    cares. This is some car, and at current prices and a bit of patience to find the right one, some bargain. I'm going on the first extended trip this weekend and I'll keep you posted. As always, any feedback will be much appreciated.

2. ALUMINUMYELLOW328

ALUMINUMYELLOW328 Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rhett R Arcilla
    Congratulations on your acquisition and drive it good health!

3. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Congrats and since no one beat me to it, I'll recommend that you drive it like you stole it!

4. teachdna

teachdna Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Robbins
    Congrats on the purchase...you'll love the car. The flickering light is probably a relay. Minor fix but annoying when it happens. If you take it in and they can't reproduce the problem, have them replace the relay anyway. Relatively inexpensive and it will probably fail in a couple of years anyway- and may fix the problem.

Written from experience.......

5. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Bahaba, another idea for an extended drive might be to the Maranello Madness event at PBIR in a few days 11/15 thru 11/17.
    Enjoy the ride!

Bill
    FL

6. Bahaba0

Bahaba0 Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    David Stone
    great thx just rejoined fca so fl so i will try to be there

7. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Congratulations on the purchase.

8. jaticker

jaticker Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    tampa
    Full Name:
    John Annis
    "550 V12" is taken, It's on my 99 Red 550.

9. beachmk4

beachmk4 Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Florida
    I have F550.