Ferrari seriously damaged in early-morning crash into woods | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari seriously damaged in early-morning crash into woods

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Redlambo, Oct 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Mods, out of respect could you please delete post # 22. Thanks

2. Lead Foot

Lead Foot Karting

May 30, 2011
    To the best of my knowledge, the father wasn't driving.

3. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Mitch,

I think it should be left up. This was one of the drivers and companions happier moments.
    He had the exhilaration and joy of being in control of his dream, that unfortunately turned into his nightmare. If I had any ties to the kid, this is one picture that I would charish as it was probably one of the happiest times of his short time here.

Life is too full of "shoulda, woulda coulda's"

I don't think it shows any disrespect at all.In fact I think it honors him, even tho he made some bad choices later on.

I'd rather have the memory of someone in their most happy and joyfull state.

JD

4. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    It's not distasteful at all...may be the last photos ever taken of the boy. It's a nice hommage to post it on fchat.

It's certainly not nearly as painful as what his family is feeling but we are also mourning the loss of one of our own.

RIP

5. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    What a sad story.

RIP

6. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    It is sad when a young person makes a poor choice and pays with their life. As a 31 year old with a young son, I keep that in mind and will try to instill this in him.

Regardless of any decisions, I feel sorry for his father and mother.

7. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Gosh. Really sad story and wish all those involved peace.

8. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    I agee Jeff, those pics should be a celebration of quite possibly the happiest time in that young man's life. What 18 year old doesn't dream of having their very own Ferrari. I also wrecked my first car that I owned that I actually bought for myself when I was 18. It happened only 3 days after I got it back in 1988, the car was a 1987 Corvette no Ferrari but pretty stout in its day. My girlfriend was in the car with me and she had some minor injuries but fortunatly nothing as serious as this. I used to hear the same argurment about someone my age shouldn't be driving such a car. I can tell you this, in those days, whether it was the Datsun B210, four door Bonneville, Grand Prix or my sister's Trans Am, if I was driving then I usually had the pedal to the medal. This kid most likely had the desire to go fast in his blood so it is quite possible it would not have made a difference what he was driving.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family of both these young men's families and friends.

9. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey guys thanks again for reaffirming this for me. As painful as this whole thing is, I DO think it was irresponsible of the father to buy an 18 yr old a car with the capabilities of a F430. It is a decision he will live with forever. When my boys are old enough to drive, they will both have an old BMW E34 or a big old S class mercedes. I want them to have a car that is not fast but is built well. Both my sons will know how to properly operate a vehicle, its something I've looked forward to my whole life.