today get together SUN 29th??? | FerrariChat

today get together SUN 29th???

Discussion in 'New England' started by enjoythemusic, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Is there one? Want one? Not at home so do not have anyone's ph# or e-mail addys to mass mail. :(

Would be great to do lunch or ???

PM me ph#'s, let's talk

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

2. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Hi Everyone,

Dan and i are going to meet at the Burlinton Mall in M.A. at the Sears Automotive center parking lot at 12:30pm. Just look for a red car with tan interior to find us :)

Please post here if you can attend. Hope to see you soon.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

3. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Steven,

I'm going to try and make this!

I was gonna go to the Museum of Transportation and shoot some pictures of the Vette against the Boston skyline...but I guess I'll settle for hanging with some fchat boys :)

What's the plan once we meet up?

See you this afternoon!

-N

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    hmmmmmmmm...............

the boss is thinking of going to visit her sister, but i give it < 25% probability. if she does, i'll try to make, though i'll be f-car less (still in storage). i'll bring the S55 and i'll still be able to smoke the lot of you ;)

low probability, but let me see what i can do.

doody.

5. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Doody,

No plans, whatever we want to do :)

Am home now so am sending my phone number and info to everyone on the Fchat NE mailing list.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

6. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Mr Doody has kindly pointed out that there are TWO automotive centers in that mall. One is sears located back on Mall Rd. at the tippy-top northern corner of the mall property. the other is the more conspicuous one (i think it's a Sullivan Tire now) with its own nearly separate parking lot at the opposite end (well, south-west corner) of the mall property. the latter is the one that's most visible as you get off the exit and start heading down Middlesex Turnpike and take the main entrance into the mall.

Lets stick with the Sears one. Give Steven a call on his cell if you get lost.

7. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yes, come one come all and feel free to call me as i sent out my cell # in case anyone needs it via the Fchat e-mail list.

OK, i need to get going. See everyone soon.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

8. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Darn it, I completely missed this thread until it was too late. Hope you guys have fun!

9. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Sorry, I could not make it.
    Hopefully will see everyone next weekend for Dennis L. projected meet.

10. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Hi Everyone,

First, many thanks to those who showed up. MAN that Lambo sounded, and looked, sooooooooooo sweet! All deep grrrrowl!!! Will let the others chine in as they have pics to post. A great fun time and, um, next time DO NOT run a red like "you know who" and leave the guy in the Corvette 06 in the dust.

Just because he WAS the ONLY guy not driving an Italian car DOES NOT mean he gets left stuck at a red light as we moved onward ;)

We are akin to the Military... No man left behind!

Enjoy(ed) the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

11. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Wow! Wow! Wow!

Stephen thank you again for inviting me. It was great to meet everybody.
    I have to say it's hard to not want to trade the Corvette for one of those sweet sounding machines.

I still have that kid in the candystore look on my face.

I really look forward to seeing you all on the 20th of March. And for all of you who want to hang out and talk cars, check out this post: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9585

I have a ton of pictures I will post shortly.

Sorry to be gushing :)

Best,

-N

12. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Nabbs,

At Lori's now and she wants to see pics! Color ME jealous of the 06. Tried to rev up the 308 as i entered the highway so you could hear it. Still, the sound of the Lambo... (Said like Homer Simpson) ughughugh :)''''

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin
    PS: Doody, you really missed a GREAT time :( We missed you :(

13. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Steven, that was not the RT. 3 exit I was leading you to, did you have any probs. taking that exit?
    Mark

14. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #14 dan360, Feb 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We definitely ran into a good line of car enthusiasts today. Esp @Sears, lots of petrol heads including the manager saying "Let me know your coming next time, I'll get more guys to work since all of them are out here looking at your cars".

It was a great "we love cars" day.

Here's a couple of pictures, I'm pleased with the Diablo from the front. A good time and sorry Nabbs if I snuck through a light "just as it was changing" :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Mark,

No problems. As USUAL, i took the "scenic" route. No worries, that is NORMAL for me and nothing is ever wrong when you have a lovely Ferrari (or Lambo) under your feet :) Vita bella!

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

16. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Guys pictures here: http://nabbs.fbody.com/2-29-04/

Steven -- your car sounded awesome, both Dan and I commented on its sound when you passed.

So when do we swap cars again? ;) Hey if you turn me into a Ferrari nut, can I try and ply Corvettes on you? :)

Dan -- if you have a moment, don't forget to email me for the 20th.

I'm still smiling.

-N

17. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Nabbs,

Hmmm... Are you suggesting a title for title swap ;) Just joking. You'd be totally depressed with the raw performance of the 308. As for me having an 06, see my profile as it says "What are you offering" :)

Heck, i'd trade the sound of my car for the sound of the Lambo.

(Sigh) Color me "low man" on the food chain of life.

Still... love the 308, she is fun to drive, VERY predictable to control, and everytime i drive RT31 near me i proclaim "Disneyworld can kiss my @$$." There's nothing quite like the GESTALT of the 308.

Of course the Vette 06 would kick 308's booty there and back again.

Ahhhh... but SOME things in life can not be measured in mere HP or torque...

Enjoy THE DRIVE,

Steven R. Rochlin

18. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    AWESOME PICS!!! MANY MANY thanks!!!! :) :)

PS: The 308 seems to be (knock on wood) bullet proof. It just is one fun ride.

Lori says "Next time everyone should back their cars into their parking spots."

She said it is a better visual. Guess Lori likes it from (SLAP)... Damn, she hit me :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin