Yard House pictures! | FerrariChat

Yard House pictures!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jordan747_400, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    What a day! I got to the restraunt pretty early so I could photograph everyone coming into the parking lot. Wayne got there a second before me in the Gallardo, so finally after waiting about 10 minutes with no Ferraris in sight, Wayne offers to take me for a spin! We rip around Shoreline drive for a few minutes. It was a pretty amaznig feeling with all the walls and seats set up for the Long Beach Grand Prix. After putting around for a bit he pulls over and offers to let me drive!! What a crazy experience! I had never been in a Lamborghini until today and I have to admit that I am REALLY impressed. The car felt extremely powerful even though I didnt get too fast in it...For those who I have heard say that the Gallardo doesn't have that Italian soul to it, they are wrong! For those that say the visibility is a problem, they are wrong too :) I'm pretty short and I had no problem with frontal or rear visibility! Overall I am very impressed with the Gallardo! Thanks again Wayne for giving me the opportunity to accomplish another childhood dream :)

The Lunch was great and it was a pleasure seeing everyone again! Im looking forward to the next get together!!

On with the photos!

2. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Jordan
    Too bad we could find a safe area to stretch it's legs!
    If I were A Lambo salesman you ARE THE GUY i WOULD LET DRIVE ONE!!
    Since I'm not next best thing is to refer them to Nick Smith at Symbolic 858 454-1800. Maybe he'll move me further up the Bentley Continental GT list
    if I send him some business??? Doubt it... the demand right now for those is staggering! I'll probably see one of those much sooner than the Ferrari Spider.
    (been on that list 2 years and I still have 7 people in front of me.It is SO
    stupid!!!!!)

3. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It was really great meeting some of you F-chatters. Next time hope to stay longer and bring the GF. Great pics. Keep 'em comin!

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hey Chris, sorry I never got to talk to you much, but it was a pleasure meeting you!

5. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    First it's driving the Enzo and now it's crusing around in a Gallardo -- not bad! Wayne -- can I bum a ride in the Lamborghini on the next drive? I've never ridden in a Lamborghini before and would love to see what they're like!

6. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Jordan that was me, Chris, but sorry could only speak to you for a short time. Congratulations on the Lamborghini experience. Hope to be at another CC Saturday in mid March. appreciate your enthusiasm and thanks for the well wishes in Europe.

7. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Great pics Jordan! The drive afterward was a blast, you should have stuck around. Probably the most memorable thing was when we were on the bridge and right when we started going, Costa gunned it in the 550. He had like a 100 ft. tread mark and was swerving a little, it was awesome! I looked over and I saw Byron, and he got a kick out of it too!

Also, when we got on, I guess some civilian car got cut off because he did a full 180 spin out! My dad saw the whole think.

The other highlight would be after exiting Shoreline Dr., a cop comes up and yells on the loud speaker "This is Downtown Long Beach, not a racetrack." The funny thing is, we were on the Long Beach Grand Prix track. The whole thing was a blast.

More info to come when I get my pics up, probably tomorrow.

Thanks for organizing this!

David

8. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hey guys,
    What a great day it was!! The OC crew started our drive up from newport beach (@ Starbucks on PCH). Man, where do I begin? We had a little bit of everything today!!

First of all - thanks Jeffrey for setting this up with the Yard House. The food was great (love those onion rings!) and the company even better. Lots of new faces today ... I'm excited that our group will grow more and more this year!!

Recap of the day...
    LA Caravan and OC Caravan meet at Yard House
    TV Interviews with TVBS (Chinese Channel) - woo hoo!! we're gonna be on national tv! (Thanks Ron/Sumei!) Lemme see... good food, good company, a few near misses (phew!), Shoreline...Jeremy's close call with PV police, a great run up the peninsula coast, and some great photos!!

"Oh what a feeling!!" (Armen, that was for you! ;))

I had a wonderful time, everyone. It was great to meet new people and see familiar faces again. Armen and Jeffrey - I have some great video footage of your cars on the road... drop me an email and I will send them to you zipped up. ([email protected])

SUNDAY RUN... Santa Barbara... be there! :)

Byron
    FDC

9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I just want to thank you guys today. I had a great time. Looking foward to seeing you all again. Next time... It'll be BIGGER & (I don't know how it could be better)!!!!!! The pictures are great!!!

10. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Wow! Awesome pictures you guys!

I wish I had my camera with me so I could have taken a picture of Jeremy with the cops, and you guys lined up on Palos Verdes Drive :)

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Wayne your Gallardo is truly beautiful. I love that car. Jordan you are one lucky SOB to drive all these cars.

12. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    No kidding! I may be the luckiest guy in the world, but this is even more of a testament to the great guys in the club who are generous enough to offer to let me drive their cars! No words to adequately describe it! Not too many guys my age get to ride in Ferraris --much less drive them, and since my first experience it has just been a continuous dream! I'm almost afraid though; if I have too much fun now, it leaves me with less to look forward to in the future! Either way, I have had some great experiences thanks to all the guys in the club. Driving cars like these may be a once in a lifetime experience, but its the lifelong friends that I have met through the club thats really special to me!

A few years from now you will all drive my own Ferrari! Dinner will be on me as well :)

13. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Jordan,

Get a 308.

OK?

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Jordan you have done it again!! Gallardo!
    :)

Great pics Jordan and Byron
    Thanks

15. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Depends on if wife will show up. I certainly could take you for a short spin though. Spin...wrong word..I haven't been able to loose traction yet ,!
    We could always turn "ESP" off..that should do it!

16. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy

17. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hey who's 512tr with the chrome rims?

18. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great pictures as always. :)

19. clokey

clokey Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    ....it was great meeting everyone and I'm sorry I had to leave early....PV is a great drive.

Quite an experience being behind Byron on PCH.....I can still taste the rubber as he blanketed me (and 4 lanes of PCH) in smoke!

...until next time. Cheers!

Paul

20. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Hey who's 512tr with the chrome rims? Ernie's question

The 512TR with chrome wheels is my Brother in laws car. Ross. He's from Fresno.

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Thats my brother in laws car. He's from Fresno.

I think I posted wrong the last time????

22. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    on the 405

23. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I love the one where the reflection of the car is in your windshield! Were those pics really taken during the part where we were doing 120? The images are so crisp.

24. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Mike, those first two shots are awesome!!

25. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Great shots everyone! This was truly one great event!

-David