Disappointment!! no new big 2013 RR at Miami Auto Show | FerrariChat

Disappointment!! no new big 2013 RR at Miami Auto Show

Discussion in 'British' started by Sunshine1, Nov 13, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Disappointment!! No new big 2013 RR at the Miami Auto Show going on right now.

The vehicle is being tested by magazines, pictures are out, vehicles have been shown elsewhere, but nothing in this major auto show.

Miami/South Florida is one of the most important markets for Land Rover. And you know why there is none available?? Because they reserve the premiere at a local dealer soon.

A large group of buyers exist here for the vehicle but I guess it is not important to show them the vehicle at a major auto show, better reserve it for a small party at a local dealer in a week or so. Outrageous IMHO. Several persons thought like me.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh as it seems to have a gorgeous design with sexy lines (especially the rear pillars). I am very interested in this new RR.

2. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I went to the show this past Sunday and found it kind of disappointing. Not nearly as big as the NY show and I didn't see any vendor booths selling car accessories. I did get to drive the Fisker though, that was a pretty good ride.

3. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

It's because Miami is a small regional show. I go to a number of global shows each year and I had no idea there was even a car show in Miami.

I saw the new Range Rover a couple of weeks ago in Toronto. Looks compelling.

4. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    It's a small show compared to other cities, but......

but....South Florida is one of the most important markets in the country and the world for Land Rover in terms of sales (and one of the most important markets for all brands selling exclusive vehicles). To not be present just to be able to introduce the new RR very soon at a local dealer with a small party is not very intelligent imo.

Anyway, very interested in what seems to be a great and sexy vehicle.

5. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I didn't know it was such a big market. How do south Florida numbers compare to southern California, and what percentage do Florida sales represent of global production?

I think it will be shown at the LA show in a couple of weeks, for what that's worth.

6. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Going to have to wait a little longer.

7. Vanquish80

Vanquish80 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland
    Sorry guys, but South Florida is not as Important for LR as China, Middle East and Europe. I have been at the inofficial presentation in Frankfurt in October. Wait a little bit, US presentation will be soon.

8. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Who is?

I've already seen it in Toronto. You know, that massive Canadian market.