How's your french? | FerrariChat

How's your french?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Nosevi, Nov 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hi, just a quick vid I stumbled across, useful if you speak french though (my wife does, I don't that well!). All you really need to know is the racing driver chooses first and goes for the 348 TS :) (obviously), the older bloke takes the 308 and the flash bloke in the sharp suit chooses the 458. All makes sense so far.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UdV5q9yLI4[/ame]

p.s. I saved it with the realplayer plugin then watched it stretched a tad wider to put the cars in the right perspective.

p.p.s. Any chance of one of our French Canadian friends putting subtitles on it? I get the general gist but my French is a tad rusty and my wife is on strike. (or at least got bored after two minutes and said they're just talking about cars and walked off!)

2. dlynes

dlynes Formula 3

Oct 16, 2004
    Augusta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Dave
    great post now as you said just need translator.

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

WHAT?!?!? Realplayer still exists? That, in itself, is the most amazing thing about this post!! I thought it died out during the transition to 56k modems! :)

p.s. cool vid.

4. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Tried an iphone speach translator - it came out with total giberish.

With my pigeon french I think when the racing driver is asked which he wants and is saying at 7:20 something along the lines of 'I have a huge favour to ask...... I have a favourite (or fantasy, can't make it out) and it's there - the 348' then at 13:30 is saying he likes the 348 because it's just chassis and engine - nothing extra. And glad he's not donutting my 348 TS in between cars, curbs and lamp posts etc, though he does seem to know what he's doing.

p.s. And people STILL think the 348 doesn't look good with black sills????

5. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    LOL.

The IE plugin is kind of handy as it allows you to record straight from flash videos so youtube etc. Only thing I really use it for. :)

6. ronrob

ronrob Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    Var, S.E. France
    Full Name:
    Ronald Brown
    If you really want to know, he says "I have a fantasme" which, as you have guessed, is a fantasy.

7. Blulagos

Blulagos Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    David Joos
    I made a quick translation:

They make a comparison of all the V8 Ferrari's.

Some of the most important comments:

The 308 belonged to the famous french moviestar Alain Delon.
    The racing driver says it makes the same sound as a new Golf GTi.

They kept the lateral air intakes of the 308 throughout the different series.

7.21 The host asks who wants to drive which car. The racing driver would like to ask a big favour from the presenter and would like to drive the 348. It's his boyhood's dream.

360/430
    The air intakes were put above and below.
    Engine was put in a "display".

8:40 They don't want to drive the cars on a track because they weren't made for it. During a test a couple of years ago they took a 348 to the track and after 2 laps it shot through it's brakes.

9:08 he quite likes the car with the orange clocks. It looks modern and he isn't dissapointed.

9:44 people say that driving an old Ferrari is difficult but in 20 seconds I adapted myself to it.

9:58 were off with 320bhp. The box cracks a bit.

10:20 308; this car drives like a bike (positive comment, he means it's light).

10:44 348 I'm a bit disspointed by the car. I thought it would be more sportive, noisier, with more caracter but I think the car feels quite 'assisted".

11:10 when the 308 accelerates, my cabin fills with smoke.
    308 driver: it's slow, but it's magical and makes a great noise.

12:00 458 with one click we have passed them all and noone is in our sight anymore.

12:12 348 when you push the brakes they feel quite hard and unassisted but it brakes very well indeed.

12:45 348 others: you can never let this guy drive a car, he always does these things with it. He will never change, he's worse than a kid.
    348 driver: It does make donuts quite well. Finally I would say I really like the 348.

13:10 308 he thinks the 308 has aged quite badly. It's in a bad condition with sticky interior etc. He likes to drive it.

13:28 348 i don't think that any of our fast club members would have waged money that I'd like to drive the 348. I don't admire the car because the engine isn't omnipresent and on a track the chassis must be really bad but on the road, it's not bad (in a positive way).

PS the 458 belongs to the racing driver.

8. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Cheers Blulagos :)

9. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    What a great vid....thanks Pete.....I wish I could speak French though

10. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Racing driver is either joking or someone who knows more about driving cars than listening to them.

Onno

11. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #11 JazzyO, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. lamar

lamar Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2004
    montpellier/france
    the racing driver is romain Thievin, you can find him in Las Vegas he owns Exotics Racing.
    usually he doesn't really like old cars.

13. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Must just be something about a 348, then. Can't blame him really :)

14. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    +1 :D

15. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    ;) you bet~!