First Annual "Eurofest" | FerrariChat

First Annual "Eurofest"

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Sophia, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    February 21, 2004 an event, "Eurofest NW," was held in the exhibition hall of the Puyallup Fairgrounds. My '78 308 took first place in the "European Other" category. There was some stiff competition in the Porsche category, so my clean little 914 did not place this year.

I hope the word spreads for next year, as it would be great to have a strong Ferrari showing to counter the VW/Audi/BMW dynasty!

Here's a link to the site, my Grigio 308 and Ivory 914 are in the stack just after the motorcycles. The photography angles weren't particularly flattering to my US sprung front end...definately time to respring/drop the front!

http://www.nwnismo.com/events/0221/index.html

2. jbrosseau

jbrosseau Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    kirkland,wa
    Full Name:
    joe brosseau
    i saw your car at the show. i ran into a group of about 75 VW's in southcenter while i was out driving the me 308. i decided to drive with that group to the show and check it out. some nice stuff, but a little to "ricer" for my likes. your 308 is a nice clean car. has it been restored? if you had a chance to wander out front my red 308 was just across the street.

3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    It would be nice to get a Ferrari group there next time. As long as it doesn't coincide with F-club events, which takes precedence.

4. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Yeah, it was a bit "ricer" or "fast-n-furious" for me too, yet I think it's great to see such a strong presence that isn't Asian based. Hopefully, the 'non-window sticker' guys-n-gals like us will show next year with our contingent of the more mature/stealthy sleds. Afterall, I had that style of sorts as a younger guy...its when I graduated from bubble-gum chicks to women that I shed the 'kid-car' motif. But, that said, some of those cars are packed with some kinda punch under the hood and alot of hours spent getting them there which I appreciate!

My car has only been repainted in years past, I don't know when...I understand that some of the late 70's 308's lacquer jobs 'checked' or 'spider-webbed' horribly...and many were repainted to correct this. Otherwise its all original. Thanks for the compliment! Sorry I missed your car, I didn't leave the show until after the awards.