Time to sell my 1975 308 GT4. what it's worth? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Time to sell my 1975 308 GT4. what it's worth?

Discussion in '308/328' started by rickjaffe, Nov 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Absolutely, distress sales will always happen. Those I'm not disputing. And crazy-awkward cars will always come up on the market (remember the metallic purple GT4 down near LA from a few years ago, or the black and yellow *everything* - including window tint - GT4 that was on the market last year?). I'm not disputing the wide pandering of their potential or value, either.

Rather, I'm just saying that it's a shame that we, as a collective of enthusiasts, cannot agree that there is something between 95+ point concours cars, 94-point "drivers", and heaps of scrap metal. FWIW, the majority of our cars probably fit into that "no mans land" category, and I'm sure we'd all agree they're worth more - on the market, and to us - than just mid-high teens.

2. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    Buyers set prices, not sellers.

There are too many good cars out there (Ferraris and others) that will draw buyers away if the price is too high--and especially if the price plus foreseeable fix-up price is too high.

I don't know Gt4 prices well. Looks pretty good to me, though. Great interior, etc. I suspect you could get 22k, given the paint and the major being due in the near term.

3. rickjaffe

rickjaffe Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2005
    houston
    Full Name:
    richard jaffe
    thanks alan: have second thoughts about everything, moving and selling. I'm selling the bentley also, that one for sure.
    I think I'm selling the car with the bbs's and selling the 14" originals separately.
    I'm going to take it over to the paint shop where I had the corvette and lincoln done on friday and see what they'd want. If I can do it reasonably I might do it. but no flashing. needs paint. it would look sharp with new paint and interior.

4. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Interior looks great, 16" BBS wheels a plus. If you have someone who can do paint reasonable, maybe convert to a Euro style while your at it??

5. pdmracing

pdmracing Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2007
    atlanta
    how much did the interior cost you . Looks great.

6. rickjaffe

rickjaffe Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2005
    houston
    Full Name:
    richard jaffe
    around 6. I've got a very good interior guy. this is the third classic car he did for me. he insisted on making it all leather, including the side panels and the back. the center console was difficult. decided to upgrade the tired seat belts too. big improvement.
    I also had the bbs's refinished. then came fixing some small mechancial issues (lights)
    next was to be paint, but then the move came up.

7. rickjaffe

rickjaffe Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2005
    houston
    Full Name:
    richard jaffe
    around 6. I've got a very good interior guy. this is the classic car he did for me. he insisted on making it all leather, including the side panels and the back. the center console was difficult. decided to upgrade the tired seat belts too. big improvement.
    I also had the bbs's refinished. then came fixing some small mechancial issues (lights)
    next was to be paint, but then the move came up.

8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #33 thecarreaper, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Car looks great as a driver. i would do the belt service and just drive it. Digging into paint work at this time seems like a waste of time better spent driving the car.

ps: I like the BBS wheels. My series one car had black 16 inch BBS wheels on it. Drove great. Ill look for a pic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. rickjaffe

rickjaffe Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2005
    houston
    Full Name:
    richard jaffe
    car is on ebay. we'll see what happens. still have mixed feelings.
    thanks to all for your input.

10. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Best of luck with the sale... :)